Released June 2016 Patch

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I'm awaiting your edited thread title ("Patch coming this week") right on monday morning. ;):D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I have a feeling with this much anticipation, this patch may be a bit anticlimactic. But it if smoothens out the MP experience, then great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Nataniel Carvalho

Nataniel Carvalho New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do not understand the difficulty of the sector 3 in solving their problems, if not resolve will be no sales promotion that save

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Not understanding a problem does not necessarily mean the problem doesn't exist.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure they're doing their best. Bug fixing isn't easy and takes time, especially when the bugs are hard to reproduce.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Better to take more time to fix the bugs, than release the patch faster with new bugs

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    That must be a good thing, next week seems way sooner than most other soon! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Maybe next patch is better to have the announcement just before it goes live.

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And this is *only* a little optimization patch. Imagine if there were a longterm roadmap and things would have to get postponed for whatever reason.

It's probably best to not announce anything, but then people complain about a lack of communication...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty new to this forum, but let me see if I got this straight:

No announcements: "You don't communicate with your fans!"
    Announcements, but delays: "But you promised!"
    Bug fixes: "The game needs more content!"
    More content: "Fix the stuff you already have!"
    More features: "Why don't you fix multiplayer!"
    Fix multiplayer: "Why didn't you add tire pressure!"

If I ever feel underappreciated by my toddler in the middle of a food-flinging temper tantrum, I'll be sure to consider a career in game development. :p

• Winner x 21
    • Like x 6
    • Funny x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Creative x 1
  11. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :p

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    ROFLMAO !!

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Jeez, I sat through 5 years of this sort of shite with Pcars, and there are always the few that you will never please, and they are the ones that have no clue what it takes to develope any sort of game, they always want a 24hr hotline to the developers, the Dev's only need to speak when they have something to say, and here I think they do just fine..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Could you guys say, if any cars gonna get update in this patch? If yes, then - which ones? :)

15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    For this current issue, a road map would be useless. You can see the difficulty predicting a release date a few days out, let alone months or years. (Its the same in my software house, we refuse to give release dates actually). The release date had to moved, and the only way to communicate that is the usual channels. I'm not sure if S3 sends out alert emails for this type of thing, if not maybe that would help with people missing these notices. But really if I'm excited about the update, I'm checking this thread with turbo F5 frequency.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    sounds like we should call out "bingo" for threads that fulfill posts for all those

• Like Like x 1
  17. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    You are a true HERO!!! Best comment since ever

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. sarco

sarco Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering how all theese patches and fixes you have made to the game seems so hard to "get it done the right way" without causing other problems? Oh the game is great no doubt.
    The other thing is ALOT of important content is STILL missing to the game, like 30-40 NEW TRACKS. You keep posting about CARS only, and even some that is NOT needed to the game before all the other "missing content" has been added to the game, and runs perfectly.
    Even from the content announced, we have to wait 3-15 months for it....
    So I even have to pay Xtra $$ for the "same" content.
    You might say there is a small difference to the cars! In that case. It´s that small of a difference that I cannot feel it (played (sim) racing-games for 26 years) or get into my head, that in fact, it does feel the same, steering is the same, setup same thing, top-speed also the same!
    I might be wrong, but is it $80-90 for the GTR3 pack "That again I have already payed for, atleast once" ?

Let´s say that I have payed like $150 to date all incl. and still have to pay $???
    (like $50-80 for each new car pack, and let´s say $3-5 for each new track added)

Then I really need some major improvements to add up the costs of the game overall!

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  19. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    $50-$80 for a car pack? Your calculations are not very good my friend.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. sarco

sarco Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well Just checked, And I was a "bit" off - I have bought at this 50% sale, a few "single" cars allover. Reached 86% off, 2-3 cars missing the Price is 1218vrp = 11.86 Euro + 86%

I´m just saying it could end up as a very very expensive game.... Just Saying!