1. Enter the RR Video Contest and WIN FREE ACCESS!

Released June Update out now!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jun 23, 2021.

1. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Since yesterday's update I'm having some occasional crashes either when I'm starting or leaving a session. Today I had the game crashing to desktop with some bug message report when I was starting a GT3 session on the Nordschleife, and then after I restarted the game and played that session then I had a different crash when I was leaving the session, this time with that in-game smoking car crash screen.

Prior to yesterday's update I didn't have had any crash.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Had the same yesterday. At the start of a single-player session, GT4 at Raceroom raceway. The track loaded, I saw all these camera shots of the track but the interface didn't pop up. After like 30 seconds an error screen with a smoking car appeared.

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Please provide more details (wheel? reset your setups? Are you using default setup? For me, it's a great improvement.

4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    A small report on old content I've tested in a few races in Road America:
    - AI driving the Gr.5 DeKon Monza makes strong sparks all the time at race pace
    - The GTO Roush Mustang seems to have an issue with engine sound samples above 7.5K rpm. While driving a sound loop will become noticeably unnatural on long straights from ~7.5K to the limiter. It's easy to reproduce on Road America with the default setup, while it slowly climbs high rpm in 5th gear on the longer straights
    - It's probably been like that for very long, but no hurt to mention: in Macau there seems to be a slightly floating crowd obj on top of a building, so one of the closest guys can be seen with feet in the air from the starting line:
    look_ma.png

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,380 / 0 / -0
    1. Known and acknowledged. Will take some dialing in to get the right amount for each car.
    2. Known and acknowledged. Fix will be included in one of the next updates.
    3. Congratulations on spotting this one. :) Probably won't get changed anytime soon but if the track ever gets a rework this will be fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +261 / 0 / -0
    Will there be fixes for large AI grids piling up? The AI is still piling up at the starting grid and I cant even run 64 cars now.

7. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Impossible to run an AI race on the Nordschleife now. very frustrating.

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0 / -0
    I did 90min race on nords yesterday with 50 ai ;) (and 2h, 70+ai race 2 days ago)

9. Fennek

Fennek New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

I don't know if the problem has been mentioned yet, but I've been having significant issues in VR since the update.

I play Raceroom only on a VR headset (Rift S). Since the update I have extreme frame drops in the multiplayer menu. It's a slide show with freezes and it only reacts with a delay. This is only the case in multiplayer, not in singleplayer.

When I participate in a multiplayer session and want to leave the session I end up in a black screen. The music is still playing in the background and according to the task manager the application is still running. But there is no other way for me than to close the game with the help of the task manager and restart the game.

Is this also the case for others? Is there a solution for this?

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,380 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken (not a VR guy) this is a known issue and is caused by using a webhud, like Otterhud f.e.
    So if you have Otterhud or some other webhud running, the temporary workaround would be disabling that by removing the launch parameter.

11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Btw is that being looked into? Do we know if the hud or the game itself causes the stuttering? Would be great to see some progress in that area, because I truly miss otterHUD in VR.

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,380 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we've forwarded our and community findings and it's being investigated. Things just get a bit slowed down this time of the year due to vacations.

13. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Vacations and vaccinations! :D

• Funny Funny x 2