Just an Idea!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GooseCreature, Mar 29, 2021.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Now this is just a suggestion for S3/RR regarding the ranked servers. Would it not make sense to publish next weeks ranked server combinations this week, to perhaps give people unfamiliar with cars/tracks a week to practice with said combo's. Just seems a little strange that the ranked server line up is such a mystery. I think I've done every combo in RR over the years but I would still relish brushing up on a car/track prior to throwing myself in the Bear pit. No stones bigger than a Baseball to be thrown please! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc_Tfe

Marc_Tfe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be great!! at least one or two day before the new schedule starts.
    Normally I don't race on Ranked until Friday or Saturday as I like to have some practice and don't have too much spare time.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Just had another idea after the GTR3/AudiTT RS race at the Nords. I found myself the only TT in a field of 30+ GTR3's, was gonna quit out but after watching an online stream, it seems, with a big draft I may be able to at least keep in touch with the faster cars. Long story short finished 18th overall and gained diddly squat rating, would have thought although I didn't race my peers, I laid waste to some faster cars instead, not even a point for effort. Where is the incentive to stay in the server, c'mon, why so tight fisted?

4. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Like the idea, but on the other hand, if you don't publish the list earlier, everebody starts his learning curve on exactly the same day, and nobody can have an advantage just because he has more free time to practice.

I would rather like to see older cars forced on servers. So if you have to have GT3 cars, then only allow ADAC2013/14 so drivers have to leave their comfort zone and you don't have 50% Porsche on track. Or only allow WTCR13/14 instead of all WTCR. A little bit more challange for evereone...

• Like Like x 1