Problem Just want to buy some stuff using Steam Wallet... seriously wtf?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by aeioux, Dec 25, 2017.

1. aeioux

aeioux New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1) Big fan of RRRE/R3E
    2) Added $50 to my Steam Wallet
    3) Launched R3E from Steam
    4) Ensured the Currency type matched my Steam Wallet currency (USD)
    5) Added a heap of stuff to my Checkout Basket on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day
    6) Have attempted to checkout NUMEROUS times in the hope that the Steam Wallet would be used for the vRP Checkout total and - nothing. Pay in USD > Confirm Purchase > no response from server, button stays greyed out. Total failure with this users experience.

Cannot believe how complicated you guys have made this - please advise on how the hell I simply give you some money for your content.

aeioux

Attached Files:

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, would have been better when you hav bought vRP in www.raceroomstore.com

But what happens when you confirm the purchase in usd? It should switch to steam for payment then - isn‘t there a possibility to select steam-wallet?

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    When you click on "pay in USD" there should pop up a window where you get redirected to steam, like m.bohlken said.

Do you have any pop-up blocker enabled?

4. aeioux

aeioux New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys - yeah no redirection, and YES I do have pop-up blockers installed but they're not accessible from within the R3E portal window....

riiight

OK so logged into RaceRoom separately via my Chrome browser, disabled all pop-up blockers, logged in with Steam, and... CHECKED OUT SUCCESSFULLY!

Hope Sector3 are aware of this and can improve the user experience - heaps of other online stores where I have adblockers and flash control running - allow purchases without issue.

Thanks guys, appreciate your replies today!

aeioux

5. aeioux

aeioux New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah well, Bruno B - to be accurate my issue was with AdBlockers - they are set within my default browser (Chrome) but within the R3E Portal/Store (accessed from within the game itself) are not seen, nor are there options to disable them.

I had to login through the raceroom store website and complete my purchase that way, using my Steam Wallet as payment - it worked fine with a little guidance from the guys in the thread above.

But yes I do agree that Sector3 adding this additional payment system really is not ideal ; however thinking about it, I'm not sure Steam would handle car-by-car or track-by-track purchases so perhaps there are reasons S3 had to do this.

Finally, I really want Sector3 to improve the UI in R3E - to more clearly show how many cars are owned at the TOP level of the UI, to save the User having to go in, come out, go in, come out, to find the content they already own. Ridiculous!

Thanks again guys,
    aeioux

ps - and then this happened, I include a URL to R3E's own store and the forum blocks it! It's like these guys don't want money or self-promotion...

Attached Files:

6. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
  7. aeioux

aeioux New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aaah ok, but surely - to their own website??!!... thanks guys!

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Come on it's not THIS complicated.
    Buying vrp pack in raceroom shop, pay with vrp. Or checkout via steam and pay in your currency. Two options, not very complicated. Difference is that you have an initial discount on vrp packs and pay less when you use vrp instead steam wallet. But that's no secret

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In the past it was indeed possible to buy vrp directly from the store. It was moved a while back to the seperate store but with that step the discount could be increased as steam doesn‘t get a transaction-fee for that.

If you buy directly with steam-wallet or paypal in the raceroom-store steam gets a transaction-fee that raceroom must pay.

In the end - for someone new to raceroom it needs a bit to figure everything out, but once you get used to it it‘s a straight forward process...

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    @aeioux if you try to buy something from the store in game, you need to have the steam overlay enabled. Im guessing you have it turned off. Payment works fine otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This. In order to verify your purchase/payment in the in-game store the game has to redirect you to a steam page, which only works when steam overlays are enabled.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i also want to buy some stuff...
    It is correct, that i have to register myself new at www.raceroomstore.com if i want to buy vrp there?
    Login with the steam access data is not provided?
    And when i buy vrp at this page i will get the code to redeem -after registering myself of course- by email and i can enter this code at game.raceroom.com/store/ by clicking the vrp button on the per right side?
    The guys from www.raceroomstore.com are on holiday up to January the 7th., but i think, buying vrp´s there is an automatic process and no employees are needed...hope so.
    Thanks in advice for answering rookie questions...

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    First of all, you can simply buy content directly at game.raceroom.com/store/, you can pay via Steam Wallet there. That's the easiest way to buy content because you pay exactly the price of your content as long as it is higher than 5€ or 5$.

www.raceroomstore.com is the external store of the publisher, so it's not connected to the game. The advantage is that you get a discount on vRP, the disadvantage is that you can only buy codes with a fixed amount of vRPs. So if you want to buy there, you will either need to register a new account in that store or it might also be possible to complete the purchase without registration. I think the email with the vRP code should be sent automatically when using PayPal or credit card. Like you said, you simply redeem the code at game.raceroom.com/store/.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Just take care that the email containing the code is not in the spam folder, like it was for me. Otherwise it was straight forward to use https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/ and code was sent quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    ok, thanks a lot for helping me.
    Just one thing, after buying the new content will be transfered to my PC the next time i start raceroom via steam, right?

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you are referring to buying content via your web browser at game.raceroom.com/store, then yes, it will be available as soon as you launch your game through Steam. You use the same account to access this site that the game uses, so it is all linked.

If you are referring to buying something (such as vRP) from raceroomstore.com, then no, that will not appear the next time you launch the game. This is a separate website run by the game's publisher. You will instantly receive a redemption code in your email account after purchase, which you can then immediately enter into your account when you launch the game through steam.

Both of these are very simple though, and I believe there are even instructions for redeeming the vRP that you will receive in your email, should you buy them from raceroomstore.

Cheers

17. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for asking again, just want to clarify it for me:
    When i buy my vrp here https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/ and after receiving the code i switch to http://game.raceroom.com/store/ (which is linked with my steam account), then i click the vrp button at the top right corner, enter the received code to fill up my account with vrp, after this i buy my desired content.
    And if i start now steam the newly acquired content will be transferred to my PC, correct?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Shouldn't you be able to do redeem your code within the game store as well?

19. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
  20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I thought you thought you had to go to the website and I just wanted to give the hint to do this within the game.;)
    Little confusing.:confused:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017