Kicked by the game from online session between Quali and Race (Ranked)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by le_poilu, Apr 26, 2021.

1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

It's the second time this append to me in a ranked server session.
    At the end of the qualification, when I clicked on the "continue" bouton (the big red one, top left corner) I was immediately kicked out of the session, back to the server list.

It happens me first time March 2th, and last one April the 24th.
    At first I thought I made a mistake and inadvertently clicked on "exit/quit", but this time i'm 100% sur it was the "continue" button, because at this moment it's the only button you can press in the UI.

Note that I'm using the new webUI.

It's a little pain in the $#% when you did a good quali, but it's also a BIG hit on the rating (-9point on Rep .. cool ..)
    As I played a little less it took me 2 months to gain back the point lost the first time, and as soon I came back to +90Rep, it happens again ! :eek: Seems like the game doesn't want me to be over 90Rep
    (as least as I was over 90 I could still joins the next session, not falling under the 80 rep requirement)

And TBH I don't understand such a big hit in the REP for leaving between Quali and Race.
    Anyone can leave before the end of the Quali without any lost, but as soon it's ended you get penalized as if you did a DNF .. but it's more a DNS.
    I totally get the why, and the need of something to penalize any Rage quit or so as soon as the race started. But maybe there' should be some balance here. A quit during pre-race should not be punished as hard as a quit after the start of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I agree on that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +202 / 0 / -0
    Note that the new webmenu is in beta and should not be used for ranked races. This could be the issue why you're kicked, so please try again without the beta menu :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Psychotik

Psychotik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I did my first RR yesterday and everything went well, but I'll certainly apply your advise for the next ones.

5. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I'm well aware this is beta. This is also why I posted the issue, if there's something that need to be look at, maybe beta testers can try to reproduce it.

So what ?
    You realize that it happens to me only 2 times in 2 months ? I play only 1 or 2 sessions on 1-2 evenings per week , so it could happen next week, next month or never again.. and nobody would ever know. And it's not something I can try to reproduce a lot by myself (if it only happens on online session it's not the easiest thing to reproduce on my side) and I don't really want to jeopardize my ranking for it...

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Why does the rage quit penalty activates exactly after qual ends? Was it a deliberate decision or it's only like that because of server phases? Like, Practice phase: no penalty; Qual phase: no penalty; Race phase: penalty. It's simple and it's understandable why it works like that, but is it also the best? Activating the rage quit penalty a bit later will help against these disconnects. They are quite rare but they happen.

Possible choices of when quitting starts to get penalised:
    - On race start;
    - On 5-4-etc. countdown start;
    - On clicking "Race" (i.e. when you put your car on the grid).

7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    How can one test or use the web ui? Do I need to change my steam properties to "Beta" like I do with some game?

8. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Start option -webmenu

• Love it! Love it! x 1