Lap times, race summary/statistics??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Protazy, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Protazy

Protazy Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

A quick one, after a race only one lap time is presented and total race time for each driver. How do I check what was my best lap time or even better time of each individual lap, isn't it saved anywhere?

I know I can install a 3rd party app which will capture all the data however I'm wondering where it is in the game, am I blind or I'm missing something?

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Check out My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log\Results. There's a file in there which lists all drivers, the car they were driving, best lap time, and other things. You can upload it to simresults.net to make it easier to read. If it was an online race and you can get the server version of the results file, you can get even more info.

3. Protazy

Protazy Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    thanks for that, that's useful though it looks like Result file contains only online race data, it has all data related to my yesterday's online race, but none of today's local races

4. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Search this forum for "Second Monitor", it has all you need!:)

5. Protazy

Protazy Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, that app looks great, will give it a go.

Still a bit shocked that there is no basic stats in the game itself. I would expect to find my best result if not at the end of a race then on leaderboard, but these are usually empty (as shown below). Wouldn't it be possible to post best lap time from each local race straight to the servers in addition to leaderboard challenge? It's just a thought...

upload_2019-6-7_23-17-58.png

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Lap times from single player sessions can't be sent to the leaderboards because LB sessions use a certain preset ruleset (f.e. there's no fuel consumption, so you can't adjust the amount of fuel, and tyres and brakes will always start with optimal temps).
    However, there is an advanced statistics section on your portal profile page (click "portal" in the main menu).

On a sidenote, your chances of finding LB entries will increase if you don't look for single car boards but select the whole class instead.
    upload_2019-6-8_0-53-42.png
    (Admittedly, there's not many entries for that track layout in general.)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  7. Protazy

Protazy Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Make sense

thanks, found it and indeed it contains best lap time from single player, however by looking at the screen I found something that grabbed my attention. Why all my time in game is accounted on Novice difficulty settings when my in game preset is Get Real? a bug? Maybe it should be another topic...
    upload_2019-6-8_8-11-44.png
    upload_2019-6-8_8-25-5.png
    upload_2019-6-8_8-22-12.png

8. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I think everytime you change any setting, the preset becomes "Own". Then it is counted as Novice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Looks like i should try some leaderboards just to see how warm the tires of each car are supposed to be ideally :D at least for the ones that have tire pressures that would help me a fair bit

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think Zziggy is right. Those difficulty levels (novice, amateur, get real) have lost their meaning a bit since they unlocked the assists, so I wouldn't care too much about that atm.

But I agree that it shouldn't be like that. Truth be told, imo the whole advanced statistics page could do with a makeover (and possibly a whole new integration into the menu system, it's just too cumbersome to find this info. Other games present this much better).
    But that's the thing, it kinda needs a complete overhaul, which would take a lot of work, and there's always been more pressing things to address in the past.

However, I haven't lost hope that they will find the time to look into this, as I also think proper statistics is an important part of the whole sim experience. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4