Question Latest (official) FFB settings guide request .

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by peraic, Oct 14, 2016.

1. peraic

peraic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There really needs to be an in depth official setup guide of FFB settings both in game and Game control profiler settings "by Sector 3 (SImBin)" for this game as there are so many varied opinions on what to do that there is absolutely no definitive answers as to how to setup the game correctly with variously branded FFB wheels .

As I for one have a major problem with turn in response which seems to be an on going theme with this game
    (by the way I think this game is fantastic with massive potential when things are laboriously setup correct) and too many open ended answers there just is not enough information and guides on how to get the current update FFB effects just right .

And this means not just an explanation of what the FFB settings do .

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    And this is really where the issue with where your request resides.

FFB is incredibly subjective. What feels good to 1 person will feel like garbage to someone else. The most any dev can really do is describe what an FFB setting does. Such as describing what FFB gain is, what min force is, what lateral and vertical forces are... It would be impossible to make a guide detailing what would feel good, since everyone wants something different out of the FFB.

To that extent though, it can be inferred that the default settings are the 'recommended' settings that the devs have deemed are good for people to use. If you dont like the default settings, that means you are disregarding their recommendations, yeah?

So, the best anyone can offer is just some suggestions of what feels good to them. And this allows you to feel different things in the FFB and better understand how the different settings interact with each other and how they affect how the FFB actually feels.

FFB hasnt really changed at all since last year, or 6+ months ago, so anything in the FFB guide that is stickied here or here are still relevant. Just skip through to the last few pages and find your wheel, and see what people recommend.

If you have a G27, you can try my settings. They are in there somewhere. And I have had the benefit of tweaking just about everything since it was required for the testing before all the changes were implemented.

Dont think that I am slagging off your request. It's just that this is far too subjective to have a definitive "one size fits all" answer.

Cheers

Edit: Here is a link to my settings and controller profile if you are interested in checking out something different.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  3. peraic

peraic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK a fair call with actual FFB settings then I have more of an issue with a lack of linearity as in turn in response under steer into a corner and over steer out and catching slides are not intuitive like they used to be and please do not label this as subjective .

Also setting the rotation to anything under 900 degrees seems to compress the FFB effects and destroy the subtle and nuanced FFB this game can deliver as reported by quite a few people on various well known forums .