Latest update problems R3e

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Martin89, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Martin89

Martin89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,

First of all, I wanna say Hi to all my fellow race mates!
    I'm a very dedicated R3e user but new to the forum.

Couple of hours ago I installed the latest update on raceroom, from there on some troubles started..
    I was unable to start the game anymore since the screen kept frozen on the opening screen (M4 DTM, Bentley Gt3, Audi R18+ etc. next to each other)
    The game started after i followed this link:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...room-has-been-updated-hotfix.1475/#post-15275

But still it's not 100% if you ask me...

Updated DRS on the DTM cars also feels very strange since it makes the car TO quick on the straights and very unstable..

Hope you guys know what I'm talking about ;)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Martijn

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    You ever driven with DRS? The car should get faster and unstable due to the lack of a good amount of down force.

Sorry but I trust Bruno's feedback on the DTM cars (2016) more than yours :p

I think it's everything how it should be. New Audi TT and DTM feel amazing.

3. Martin89

Martin89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course he should know it better, but don't you think it's a bit to fast on the straights?
    It's really like a boost or so, the old DRS felt (being a player) more realistic.

Nevertheless that's not my biggest issue, clicking trough the menu's goes much slower than before the update...
    Anyone who has the same 'problems'

Cheers,
    Martijn

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

Well if you take away a decent amount of air resistance it will probably feel like a boost.

Most people have slow menues and error 503, the servers seem to have problems. All we know is that the devs are aware of this problem and currently working on a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Martin89

Martin89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's good to know my friend, let's hope it's fixed quickly.

Btw, sorry that I opened a kind of second thread about the update problems, didn't saw the existing one..

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    There are some known bugs with the DRS function on the DTM 13,14, and 15 Mercedes. So, if Martin was using any of those Mercedes, the driving characteristics are a bit wrong right now. Give them a try and have fun sliding around the track ;)

This has been reported to the devs already, and they are aware of it though. :)

The other 503 error problem is wide spread right now. Hopefully the servers improve soon.