Launch control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not Lifting Off, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Every car has launch control, how? I can sit on the grid with my car in gear, revs high and wait for the lights to go green and just go, no need to use the clutch at all, no jump starts, false starts nothing just floor it and go.
    I noticed a while ago how slow i was off the line, historically i used to be shit hot fast off the line.
    I used to sit on the grid clutch in, in gear, revs up, lights change i dump the clutch and go, now there is no need, its not right, auto clutch at the start? no false starts?
    Is that a server setting or bug or something, just dosnt feel right (it isnt right).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    It's a feature that I believe will be coming back to MP. If I recall correctly it was released at one point with issues, then turned off again for further development.

3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I hope to see it soon back again because it's a lot more fun as how it's going right now.
    Looks unproffecional
    But if there still bugs in it they better wait

4. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Think about free2play servers you wouldn't even get to t1 without being hit

5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I never play free2play servers

6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    OK I don't either, but the game isn't created specificaly for you. Free to play servers are usualy the ones that are full and they are the first ones newcomers join. It's easy to demand features that require player discipline if you're not responsible for the game's profits. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to have fully manual starts like in SP, but I understand while they are not in MP and I accept that

7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Maybe an option for the dedicated server to switch Manuel start on/of a solution

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    F2P servers are always a mess anyway.. People doing donuts or trying to go reverse in qualifying, waiting for you so they can punt you off.

9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Making it worse won't help. I'm just saying that features that improve everyone's gameplay should be prioritized.

10. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    So if the problem is the free2play, it is a newcomer problem which should be solved by education or wrecker prevention, right? What‘s the point of S3S regarding this phenom?

11. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    The problem is complex. It's free for all that want to try so there are people playing with keyboards maybe expecting more arcady gameplay, it doesn't cost any thing to ruin someone's game so it attracts trolls, etc. It might get better when/if reputation system is implemented it should block access to at least some of the servers for wreckers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Simple answer for the free to play servers and new to racing game novices maybe causing an issue, start as you mean to go on, if they are incapable then once ratings are fully installed they will only be a problem on a few servers and with practice and the will to improve responsible drivers will make the effort, the ones that dont or dont care will be left by the wayside, no brainer for me!

Its a long time coming ;)