launch in windowed mode? (possible ISImotor conflict)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yusupov, Jan 25, 2017.

1. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    with AMS lately i've had to launch the game in windowed mode for it to be playable. otherwise it launches fine, but clicking anywhere on the screen will bring me back to the desktop.

after the latest R3E update i'm having the same issue, unfortunately trying "-windowed" in the launch parameters isn't working for some reason.

anyone have any ideas of a workaround or, even better, what the root issue might be? (i'm running an insider build of windows 10, which is what i assume the cause is, but i'm not clear as to why)

edit: just confirmed i have this issue w/ RF2 as well (windowed or borderless works fine) so it does seem to be related to isimotor somehow. havent noticed it w/ any other sims/games anyway.

2. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    if this helps me help you help me: keyboard commands are recognized in-game, any other input sends me back to the desktop. so if theres a shortcut to get to the options menu & enable a windowed or borderless mode via keyboard i could do presumably do that (simply alt+enter doesnt work)