Question Leaderboard Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by andybarrell, May 24, 2017.

1. andybarrell

andybarrell New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi all brand new to the game and just using the free to play at the moment.
    Got a question: when i view leaderboard challenge against someone my car seems to autobrake at every corner, so i have no chance of racing the ghost properly, is this because i use the FTPlay or am i missing something in settings
    Cheers

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi and welcome.
    This effect has nothing to do with free content, all the content is equally supported in terms of physics, usability and so on.
    But there are three different driving modes (somewhat like a difficulty setting), Novice, Amateur and Get Real. If you use Novice the game will enable driving aids which make it easier for beginners to concentrate on the steering bit of racing, including brake assist.
    Amateur and Get Real don't have that. Amateur offers some assists (mostly stronger traction control and ABS), Get Real will offer the most true to life driving experience, allowing to use TC only in cars that have it in real life.
    So when starting the LB Challenge there should be a pop-up that lets you chose the driving mode, chose Amateur or Get Real there.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  3. andybarrell

andybarrell New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thanks , will try that

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Note that the pop-up I was talking about will only appear if you hit the big green "Start challenge" button in the upper right.
    If you challenge somebody elses ghost, the game will automatically use the difficulty setting that person used. So if you're challenging a time set in novice mode, you will have to use novice mode either.
    2017-05-24 1015 0001.jpg
    So make sure you set the difficulty tab to "all" so you see all available laptimes. Then chose one that isn't novice.

Additionally, only Get Real mode will let you access the car setup screen in the pre-race menu. In Novice and Amateur the car setups are locked.

5. andybarrell

andybarrell New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0