Leaderboard shows Amateur but my settings show Get Real

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by morsify, Oct 8, 2023.

1. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone help me - why do I appear on a leaderboard as 'amateur' when I have my gameplay set to 'Get Real' ?
    Thanks

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Did you set your best lap on that leaderboard on Amateur settings?

3. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    No, definitely on Get Real.
    It is the Praga leaderboard. I'd never driven that car before, I did a few laps, went to the leaderboard to see how I was doing and noticed it says Amateur. I went to my settings and confirmed I am on Get Real.

I don't know what else to do.

I seem to remember this happening once before, a couple of year ago, I think I reported it back then but I don't know if it was ever resolved.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
  4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Did you select Get real for the leaderboard? For leaderboards/competitions you select the difficulty in their interface, not in the game settings.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps you could try challenging the time of someone who is on get real. That way it will force you to be get real too.

On Friday the competition leaderboards were down, though and I donĀ“t know if it has been fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    FIXED: I discovered that although it said Get Real in my settings, you can still change your stability control setting without the 'Get Real' correcting itself. I set it all to Amateur, and then back to Get Real, and the stability control turned off.
    I've just improved my time again and it now says Get Real.
    Thanks for the helpful replies :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    How do you do that? When I tried it, it changed to "Custom".

Anyway, I doubt that was the issue. Like I said, for Leaderboards you don't change your assists in your game settings, you do it in Leaderboards settings. You game settings aren't carried over to Leaderboards, and when you start a leaderboard session, you can't change your assists and you're locked to three presets (Novice, Amateur, Get Real), you can't mix and match different assists for your liking.

8. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    You're right, it changes to custom so it can't have been that. I've always had it on Get Real, and it's set on that in the leaderboard too.
    Maybe it was what Vale said, it might have changed to Amateur when I challenged another Amateur driver on the leaderboard?
    I've no idea, but anyway it is now correctly saying Get Real.