Let's talk about GTR1 and GTR2 classes.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravey1981, Nov 22, 2018.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    While we have a good GT3 class and an upcoming gt4 class it strikes me that gt1 and 2 are a bit of a mess in terms of car selection.

GT2 which would now be known at GTE is the class that currently races at LeMans and in the WEC. It would be great if this class could be brought up to date, lose the Cadillac, add in the new Porsche 911 GTE which is surely going to be one of the new Porsches on the (perhaps distant) horizon. Update the 'vette and get Aston Martin on board.

GT1 doesn't really know what it is, new physics are good but the car spread just doesn't make it believable. I'd much rather have a class that represents the cars of the time (2010 ish). The newer shape nissan looks well out of place....

This isn't a moan...I don't like moaning...just a discussion opener....what are other people's views on this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I wonder a bit that you name especially the Nissan GT1in that class. I could understand the Apollo, Koenigsegg or the Ruf, as they are fictional GT1-Cars. But the Nissan was racing together with the Ford GT1 in the FIA GT1-Championship since 2010 (when it was restructured) and won that championship in 2011...
    The Saleen would fit in that 2010ish Time, too. But it was already a time were that car was reaching its final chapter. In 2010 the saleen manages to win the GT1-class in Le Mans.
    But yeah - I wouldn't mind having the Vette, Murcielago and Maserati MC-12 in that Class, too...

3. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah fair enough, i thought it was still the R34 shape nissan back then but you are correct about the fictional cars

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Just send your donations for the licenses to J-F’s paypal :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Let's call it a theoretical discussion then for now.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I wanna know what the addition to the GT3 class is going to be, JF mentions it in his stream, now that is something to discuss as a, it's not fictional/hypothetical b, bloody lot to squabble over and c, we still need a shit stirring emoji!
    :D

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Uhmm, what stream? Did I miss something?

8. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, not sure if he said that there is already any planed/concrete addition to the GTR3-Class or if it was ment more generally that they will continually work on it

@rad: he meant the stream about the driver-assists

9. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    yeah I was just joking ofcourse :D, GTE would be an absolutely amazing addition, but just not very realistic to hope for most likely :( GT1, while being awesome cars, really wouldn't be driven much, at least GTE would probably be a very popular class among leagues, especially if some endurance features would come into the game at some point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I think GTE is more realistic than you may think (even if it remains called gtr2 in our game). If there are more Porsche coming then that car would make a lot of sense given that it is a current (and still relatively new) car. The GTR2 class is due a physics update at some point which would be a great opportunity rework the class. As always it comes down to which developers can justify the cost of licencing.

11. dav_0075

dav_0075 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    GTR1
    MASERATI MC 12
    GT1
    ASTON MARTIN BDR9 GT1
    LABORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP670 R-SV GT1
    CORVETTE C6R GT1
    GTR2 OU GTE
    - Aston Martin Vantage GT2 - Porsche 911 RSR GTE
    - DODGE VIPER GTS R - Ford GT GTE
    - FERRARI F430 GT2 - BMW M8 GTE
    - Aston Martin GTE
    - Ferrari 488 GTE

12. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    The Koenigsegg is not a fictional GT1 car : https://www.koenigsegg.com/ccgt/
    It was build to race in this class but it didn't have the time to do it because of the regulation changes. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's actully a nice looking car that, I. Might give it a run out tonight. Good excuse to give my sequential shifter some hammer.

14. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Nice - didn't know that this car was really ment for GT1.
    Sad that it didn't made it in the championship. Could have been a good opponent for the maserati...

15. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    While I would like to see more GT1 and GT2 cars. Most of the cars that's missing are tough to license.

When it comes to GT2 and GTE. I think it would be better to keep them separate. Then you could keep GT1 and GT2 focused on like 2010 and a couple years before while GTE can focus on what is raced today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The CCX GT1 is a real car. It came to the party a bit too late.

Still, I love to see the Corvette in the class, if Lamborghini and Masarati license is not possible.