Let's talk physics! on Aug 21st

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rella, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Nigel. I had my protractor and my compass out trying to figure out when it was in US Time :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    If only I could have been involved... I can wreck with the best of them! :D

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    When will we be able to watch it again?
    Was only able to see about 10 minutes 1 hour in.. .

5. LSRTV

LSRTV Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    replay will probably be on twitch rather fast and I believe they stated that it will be uploaded to the official youtube channel when it is available

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Watched the first hour or so. They mentioned new tyre model and new options in setups but never specifically said anything about ability to alter tyre pressures or read temp data in game...........or did I miss that bit.

Also they confirmed new 2015 ADAC physics will be applied to existing GT3 cars but again nothing specific about whether the packs will be exactly the same regards performance.

8. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I was watching and working, trying to listen and trying to answer my boss' questions. In the end, I think I didn't get a single thing. :confused:

9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just watched it on twitch, thanks for a really good (long) and fun stream!! :)

But have some questions:
    Are you, or planning to have other real drivers onboard to get the physics/tire model even better in other classes as well?
    Like for the upcoming TT Cup, DTM and WTCC?
    The thing you've done here with Kelvin sounds really promising!

I also wrote a question before I had to go when the stream was live, if we will be able to multiply fuel and tire in SP for shorter races?

And Also, nice to hear the new additions coming to GTR3, but what about the Ford Mustang GT3, what will happen with that? (was hoping to see that in GTR3 as well)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    There arent really any new setup options, the change is basically making what is currently available, more in touch with real life. For instance, there will be limited wing adjustments, unchangeable differentials, perhaps smaller ranges for camber, etc. This is to match the GTM cars which dont have unlimited tuning tweaks allowed.

Tire pressure is not in as far as I know just yet. Im not sure if that is planned to come down the road or not. Temperatures... I believe they do have a temp range now where there is an optimal temp that you need to get into for max grip. So the first lap on cool tires wont be optimal. Im not sure if that is displayed anywhere in game, but I believe it is working behind the scenes, so to speak. Tire wear is much upgraded though. You can really feel the tires degrade over a long-ish race. They are supposed to last nearly an hour before being dead. Although I have noticed the drop off come much sooner. 25-30 mins in and you can feel the car start to lose its grip.

Well, Kelvin seems to be in the forefront with his help in physics for the GTR3 cars. Audi in particular. I believe Sector3 is also getting help for the DTM 2015 cars from a few real world drivers as well. ;)

The DTM 2015 update that will come feels quite a lot different to the current cars, and those in the Virtual DTM championship right now.

Overall, the new physics are quite wonderful. The changes are pretty big... and a definite step forward for RaceRoom :)

Are you talking about the ability to have 2x, 3x, etc. tire wear and fuel usage? Im not sure, but I believe that is being discussed... at least among the testers. Not sure if that is being looked at by the devs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Somewhere an answer to some question indicated that there will be no new entries in the pitbox setup menu.

I think we can assume that they will have aimed to catch the minor changes and differences that are between models from one season to the next, like you can see in the WTCC packs as well. And if you meant the regulation fregarding all cars being on same performance level, well, the strema shoiwed them racing in the end, and the difference between the Audi and the Nissan battling for the lead should have been apparent to the eye. The Audi better in the turns and twisty passages, the Nissan fleeing away again on the straights.

P.S. Nate beat me by seconds.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  12. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    More from the same. New content? YES
    Core features? NO

Thank you. Enough with this game.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  13. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Yo they said from the start that this stream was going to focus on physics.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    See ya. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I believe they are in contact with Mike Rockenfeller of dtm.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  16. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    They've been using Bruno Spengler and Daniel Juncadella, plus other cross reference data. Loving the 15 cars big time now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I posted a small summary of mostly van der Linde's contributions in the AC forum, and now a quoting of that in the simHQ forum as well, since the AC forum needs subscription. Maybe interesting for those who lacked the time to follow the full stream, since it was quite long.

http://simhqmotorsports.com/forums/...dev-stream-on-r3e-physics-today-at-2000-cest/

I found this interesting, since much what he said is not exclusively interesting for Raceroom drivers only.

I am eager to test those new physics myself. Sounds as if R3E and AC will move even closer together. Us sim drivers live in blessed times!

Feel free to correct me on any mistakes of mine, I did it all by memory, and this memory of mine is not the youngest anymore...

• Like Like x 5
  18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone any idea about the pedals van der Linde mentioned, those 90kg beasts? And are these to be operated in a lose setup, not fixed into a dedicated racing box inside a separate room? I mean if you push against 90kg with your leg/foot, there really is a chance that the whole setup starts to move around if you do not use screws and nails to fix it. I am quite satisified with my G27 wheel, but I would not mind having better pedals for sure. Braking is erratic since the springs simply are too soft.

19. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  20. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1