Load times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmericanMuscle75, Oct 3, 2021.

1. AmericanMuscle75

AmericanMuscle75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else having extremely long load times today? I live in the eastern part of the US, and have been having issues all afternoon. It was fine first thing this morning, but since then no good.

2. dryheat94

dryheat94 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, all day. West coast. Takes forever to load. Not able to load the multiplayer listing, ends with an Error 13. I've flushed DNS, changed DNS servers, etc, etc. Hopefully better tomorrow.

3. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Same here as I also live on the East Coast. Even did a clean re-install but still can't get it to load.
    joel

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Its always worth checking that your isp isnt having issue ,
    Run through a vpn to check if you get the same result

Andi

5. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Andy,
    Thanks for the advice, but I was able to race online with both ACC and AC when ever I wanted to yesterday. No other internet issues with my ISP.

I also noted that this morning the desktop icon for R3E had changed from a Helmet to what appears to be a planet.

The new install works perfectly after the log in which took quite some time, but all seems well now.

joel

6. dryheat94

dryheat94 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It seems to be back to normal this morning. Just an Internet thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Krimson

Krimson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New to RRE, and had this Error 13 issue on Sunday. Back to normal Monday.

Is this a common occurrence or just a one off routing issue?

(It seems like there a number of posts about "Error 13" and North American players having problems over the years on the forums, so just wondering for those of us in the affected areas, how often should I expect this to happen? Enough that I should be investing in a VPN?)

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how often it happens but it's not the first time I see people from the US complain about random connectivity issues that solve themselves after a day or two.

9. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Can't say anything on the specific problem itself I'm afraid, but from what I've heard a VPN connection could drastically slow down your Internet speed and raise your ping, so be aware and do a search on that before investing in such a solution as I'm not convinced this would solve the problem (in any case). Would be great though if someone could explain the true cause of the matter.

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    A free VPN is a good tool to see if the problem is with your ISP or not during game loading. I have doubts about even a paid one being a viable solution for the long term for actual playing but I guess some will use it to circumvent a ban or to do ranked in servers of other countries.

11. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Sounds reasonable.