Lock out repetitive wrecker from multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RRCRoady, Mar 3, 2015.

1. RRCRoady

RRCRoady New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Can you lock out repetitive wreckers for multiplayer? There's a Driver calls Aline Senna. He / Her destroys Races all the time.This is realy not funny now. He / Her doesn't brake in the first corner and he / her still waits for the other drivers in order to ram again, or parked in a corner.
    If you want, i can sent you some Replays and Videos. But the Driver isn't a unknown. See it here.

Can you do something there?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately you get those type of people wherever you go, dedicated servers will help with that and obviously a vote-to-kick system too, what about a driving standards stat/system too so we know who we're getting into bed with... so to speak?

4. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    OMG not again :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    They should get penalty/ black flag...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    An immmediate Black-Flag for those players would be great... Maybe it's possible to compare the Value for an impact G-Force with the position of the Braking-Pedal. High G-Force with no Braking = Black-Flag.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Problem is you never know exactly what has led to an accident. Maybe the guy in front of you had a big lag and you get a black flag because you hit him after he appeared right in front of you. Not funny... ;)

In racing you're driving on the edge and very close to each other and even if nobody did something really wrong accidents happen. In most cases it's just not possible to automatically calculate who's at fault. Exceptions are stuff like driving in the wrong direction. And then you have people with very different skills driving in the same race. The (maybe) slower guy in front says "the idiot behind me didn't breake and so he hit me" and the (maybe) faster guy behind says "the moron in front of me hit the breakes way too early, I couldn't expect that so I couldn't avoid hitting him". Maybe the guy in front hit the breakes too early to provoke an accident (yes, I've seen this) or the guy behind is just a stupid crash kid that finds it funny to smack others off the track.

The problem I see is that no matter how clear an incident looked when you saw it with your own eyes, in most cases it's impossible to translate it into zeroes and ones. Breaking points are not set in stone. ;)

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I have seen this person doing this as well. I've also seen them struggling around a lap. I was pretty bad when i first started but maybe not this bad. Agree it's hard to judge intent. Since there is no qualification to go online, gotta find away to avoid these types.

9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Lol how did I not know that A.Senna would be managing to get another thread going.
    Those people are grievers they feed on this. They live for trolling. Grievers are all over battlefield 4 as well. They sabotage their own team and get a kick out of it. What is disturbing about this one is he/she is playing with paid content amd still plays like this.
    I have been in races with that person and I have seen video on YouTube where that person joined and tried to reck it for other people. Until we get a vote kick feature this will continue

10. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It's pretty sad when you think about it. Spend good money on different content just to be a douchebag to other people online... Still, the business model, whilst not perfect, does seem to keep out guys like these.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    be carefull, kick button can also be used by a group of friends that want to stay without others people, or simply they want to take the command of the server, this situation happened to me years ago in liveforspeed, I entered and soon kicked off.
    I think the better solution, until there is no possibility to host own server and play with our friends, send the replay to the crew

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Admin, Mod ? I would prefer not to have various threads about the same topic (THIS topic especially) running - possible to move/attach it to the "Two Villains" thread ? Because its simply a repetition of what has been said and discussed already and just recently (so it becomes merely Troll-Fodder for those who love "negative" attention)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    +1

That's absolutely the point. It's almost impossible to calculate (in realtime) who was causing a collision and who's the victim. There are too many interacting factors. Even in real motorsports there are questionable decisions by the stewards, because it's sometimes so difficult to judge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    for this yes, but the point is: if someone wait in a corner for ram others people, this is clear, iracing deserves a ban for these guys

15. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I don't like the idea of "vote to kick" while in race. Too much disturbance, misuse and other trouble with it, some explained already extensive here in this topic.

I thought about this topic and was thinking in another direction to get a better filtering of who is who online:

Player get's a simple REP stat. From negative -3 (red) to positive +3 (green) graphical shown by the name.[​IMG]
    If REP stat is 3 red (-3) then you're only allowed to enter multiplayer servers which are open for all REP's. "The Chaos servers".

How do you get positive and negative REP? And this is the most important part.

You can only get a negative or positive REP by watching the replay of the game: If in the replay someone is "on purpose" wrecking the game you can give this person a negative vote. If a person is battling fair and he/she was racing on the edge put with finesse for their surroundings you can give this person a positive vote.

You can only vote for one +REP and for one -REP, facilitated with the replay interface

If a person get two votes +REP or -REP on the same replay from two different players then that REP change counts. This makes "revenge" REP harder to give, you know what i mean :)

If a person get's 10 +REP or 10 -REP his/her visual REP marker (green or red circle by the name changes). This makes it more fair because we all make mistakes from time to time.

With +REP you can eliminate -REP, time past with no negative REP also eliminate -REP.

Because of the visual marker you can see in the mirrors or in front what the REP is from the person in multiplayer and can act on it (be more careful).

Summary:
    Because +/- REP can only be given
    through Replay the emotion of someone is already a little bit less. Multiplayer itself is not disturbed at all, and can not be misused by a group of friends. REP is hard to get and it should be like this, notorious wreckers will be marked for sure. Positive REP is a good incentive for driving clean. -3 REP has consequences to the player, only allowed on the no REP servers.

Think about this: It's
    actually a very simple but i think successful system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  16. Tim Draper

Tim Draper Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    An idea taken from FPS genre (Battlefield?); forgive/penalise. as long as the detection method is reliable, your then down to the player who was hit, to determine if it was accident or purposeful.

Another option is a hate list. Same as friends, but it highlights that player in red on the MP screen so you know to avoid that race without connecting.
    i personally like how iracing penalises and rates drivers, but i'm not sure that could work in r3e.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I saw Senna last night at Red Bull ring. Fortunately i was in front of them the whole time, but didn't see to much malicious garbage happen. Mainly track cutting and the resulting penalties.

18. brendonblainekoen

brendonblainekoen Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I made it my mission to wreck Aline Senna after she ruined 2 of the best races I've been in since I joined R3E. I know it is childish, but I got the idea she hated the taste of her own idiocy.

19. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Don't do it... be the better person, stay above it. If everbody is on revenge path then there sure will be escalation.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i like the idea of the red list idea so i can avoid bad drivers but more is needed than just that in the long term