Problem Logitech 920 Downshift issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nick Thorn, Jan 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    Hoping someone can help?

For reasons that are yet unknown to me I am having a very hard time downshifting with ranked Raceroom.

Shifting up through the gears is no problem but when I try to shift down it just doesn't happen reliably, sometimes I have to hit the paddle multiple times. Usually costing me a LOT of time as well as making me look unreliable to other drivers, as I fumble to downshift. I am hearing the audio high pitch sound that accompanies the downshift which isn't synchronised to the gear shift itself.

Tried nearly every option in Raceroom to eliminate the issue without any luck. The H-Shifter isn't even plugged in and is disabled in the Raceroom options. I've tried multiple values of Downshift protection which worries me because very few games implement that option.

ACC Works perfect as does Assetto Corsa, Codemasters F1and even the Forza games.

Any help appreciated.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    What cars , there are some you can be hard on downshifts others wont do it..

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a video (with audio recording) would help clear things up but id guess what youre hearing there is the audio cue that you tried to downshift too early triggering the downshift protection which then denies the downshift to protect the engine/gearbox.
    To see if its just that or if theres something else going on id go and just downshift later into the braking phase and slower (so more time between individual downshifts) than what youre currently doing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    I'd say all cars are downshifting very poorly.
    I could provide a video but that would take a considerable amount of effort.
    To be honest this is my last chance saloon with Raceroom, if it isn't a simple fix I have to leave if not for the safety of other drivers I meet.
    I did invest in the premium pack which means I am eligible for almost ALL the Races, so to walk away is not an easy choice given that I like everything else about Raceroom.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You are probably downshifting way too early in all cars then.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I doubt that very much indeed because when I map the gearshifts to the wheel buttons I can downshift reliably but those buttons are hard to use due to their positions. I'd assume a hardware issue if other games like ACC had the same problems.

More likely its a Logitech/Raceroom issue, I am in the process of trying older Logitech drivers in the hope it resolves the situation but that process is nearing the end without a result.

I still got ACC and LFM to fill the gap.

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Without a video from cockpit view with you actually driving (replay won't help) nobody will be able to see if it's downshift protection.

8. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Honestly , your last lines each time are sucky and really not needed ..

Andi

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Understood Arthur, Sadly that isn't an option. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regardless your last reply is completely useless to me. Of no help at all.
    If other games suffered the same issue I wouldn't have even mentioned them.
    You are being too defensive by far imo.

10. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    So now i recorded a short video (of just the game). Is that sound youre hearing the same sound you can hear during the first braking phase in the video? If so then youre triggering the downshift protection. The next question would be if you think that you usually downshift in a similar rhythm to that of the second braking phase in the video. If youre sure you dont try to downshift faster then that might point towards a hardware problem, if youre not sure then as i said id first try to downshift slower and see if that makes a difference

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    You can also download diview to check that your shifter isnt doing a double blip

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  12. fedor

fedor New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have the same the same downshift problem G920 i think it raceroom and not hardware prob.They dont like fixing problems ?
    This is not the 1st complaint about this and usual dose the powers at be care?
    Recently purchased acc on steam sale shifts work perfect and force feed is so much better.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    No info on what cars , no info on wheel driver , pc setup , running apps.... no info on ingame settings , no video

Snide comment at the end
    Closing thread

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.