Logitech G27 - Problem after December Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claus.h.hoffmann, Dec 28, 2018.

1. claus.h.hoffmann

claus.h.hoffmann New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Since the last update of Raceroom Racing Experience (December 19th, 2018), my G27 wheel, previously working just fine, is no longer centered. On a straight the wheel is deflected to the left by roughly 10 degrees. The wheel works just fine with the other sims on my system, that I am using right now (Assetto Corsa, F1 2018). Therefore I assume, the problem is with Racerrom Racing Experience.
    • I have deleted the settings I used to start RRE with in the Logitech Profiler and set up a new one. This did not change anything.
    • I deleted all files of RRE within the document folders and created everything from scratch again with no improvement.
    • In Logitech calibration the wheel shows no offset at all.
    • The other sims are working just fine.
    I am completely lost. Up to this update, RRE worked perfectly on my machine with my steering wheel. Anybody else having the same problem or an idea how to solve it? Any advice is highly apreciated.:(

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried re-assigning left and right in the controls section?

3. claus.h.hoffmann

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried this now and no improvement at all. The deflection is stll roughly 10 degrees to the left and it is the same with every car in RRE.

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Have you run a steam file integrity check?

5. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Start raceroom, disconnect g27 usb cord and put it back.

6. claus.h.hoffmann

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I did and there were no results and nothing changed with the steering wheel.

7. claus.h.hoffmann

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much to asll of you willing to help for your support. Unfortunately this did not change anything either. As a general observation, when I quit from a race, the steering wheel jumps back into center while getting back to the menus.

8. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Maybe post pictures of your logi profile and driver version , I just retired my g27 xmas day , but it was working fine in Raceroom

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    has the logitech driver been updated by windows ?

also get Diview and check it in that to see if something funky is going on ....

Andi

10. claus.h.hoffmann

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear All,

first of all a happy new year and thank you for all who are helping with this issue. My Logitech Profiler is version 5.10.127 (Date: 06/14/2010) and the driver is 5.9.129.0 (Date 04/27/2010). My game settings in the profiler and the output of diview can be seen in the attached jpeg.

An additional observation: The deflection is worse in the old cars (that I prefer (i.e. Porsche 934, DTM 1991, BMW Procar). Modern Formula cars only show a very small deflection.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Claus

11. claus.h.hoffmann

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ... sorry I forgot to attach the file. Please find it here ...

Attached Files:

12. apa64

apa64 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My G27 works OK and I have the same versions as you. While back when I had the problem with W10 updating the wrong driver (newer than March 2016) for G27 the problem in RRE was that the steering sensitivity felt too low. So, sorry, no help with the 10 degrees off problem...

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    That's not the current version, you should download 5.10.127 (14-MAR-2016) here, it's at the bottom of the list: https://support.logitech.com/de_de/software/lgs

Was your wheel centered when you took that screenshot? According to DIView, there seems to be a slight input to the right.

14. claus.h.hoffmann

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I deleted the profiler from my system and installed the version, you mentioned. Version remains unchanged and so does the date in the Help Menu of the profiler (Date: 04/27/2010). Only on the web page is the date shown that you described.

When i ran Diview the wheel was roughly centered, as with no game running the wheel moves freely. The deflection in the game is to the left, so I assume, the slight offset to the right has nothing to do with the problem in game.

15. claus.h.hoffmann

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much to all, who tried to help. In the meantime my system ssd failed completely, so I had to install a new one. As a consequence I had to reinstall windows 10 as well. This did not effect the game itself, as it was on a separate disk. My profile remainded unchanged, as it resided on a third disk drive on my computer.

Although I do not understand why, but under the new windows 10 installation the game is working properly again although the game and its profile is unchanged. But hurray I now can enjoy the new Porsche 934, which is a real challenge and a lot of fun to drive :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1