Problem Logitech g923 not recognizing

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by LLYarley, Feb 17, 2021.

1. LLYarley

LLYarley New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I posted a thread a few days ago about ffb problems, and I can't seem to fix them. what I believe to be the problem is that RaceRoom doesn't recognize the wheel. It knows it's a Logitech g923, but there is no prebuilt profile there even though they added it a few months back, so I had to make a custom profile. I feel lie this is the main problem. any ideas on how to get it to recognize?

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Like I said in the other thread you started, it's already in our bugtracker so the devs are aware of that issue. What you might give a try is copying the default G923 profile located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\Logitech G923 Racing Wheel.rcs to your own C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet folder. Open that file with an editor and change the second line to ReadOnly="0". After starting the game, you should have this profile in your profiles list. Click on it and assign your pedals and buttons to your liking, and see if that does the trick.
    The issue you described as 'the wheel pulling into the corner', pretty much occurs due to the ffb not being inverted in the custom profile you've made from scratch. It has to be set to inverted for Logitech products.

Oli

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  3. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +202 / 0 / -0
    Also, when you do have a working profile, please share it here so the devs can analyze the file.

The main problem is that there are 3 versions (at least as far as I know), 2 for PS4 and 1 for Xbox

4. Woodcote

Woodcote New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0