Resolved Long pit stops

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Jun 26, 2018.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ok so, I bought 4 new GTR3 cars during the 50% off sale. Thank you very much S3E.
    I haven't been doing much racing in that group lately. But it seems to me like 32 seconds are really long pit stops. Especially when the AI seem to have much lower pit stop times, and I loose about 9 positions in the mean time.
    I can hear the tire change sound cycle through several times while i'm sitting there.
    Is this a new thing? Or is my memory off? or is it a bug?

2. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed that, too :)
    Was thinking to myself : "Wow, they (Sector3) noticed that the Teams had only 2 mechanichs for changing the tyres, an operation wich takes some time"
    Maybe that's why it takes so much time ;)
    Now, as I play mainly in leagues or online, everybody is at the same "level", so, it's not disturbing...but your problem seems to be VS the AI, and so, I can't tell...:)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  3. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    The GT3 tire changes now take approx. 28 seconds, to get them in line with real life tire changes, where only one wheel is changed at a time. What is likely happening is that AI is not changing their tires in the pitstop which saves them a lot of time compared to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case. Since it seemed like most GT races had pretty long pit stops.
    It was just kinda weird to pit a bit early and go from 1st to 20th. After having such short pit stops in the legend class races. But then over the next few laps I cycled back up to third. So no worries, made for some good racing to get back to first with only a couple of laps to go in a 45 minute race.

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - it was patched a few month ago. Before that patch the Tire-Change was pretty quick on the GT-Cars. But as in GT3 the Tire-Change is only done by two mechanics it now takes about 4-times as long as before.

But maybe a Topic for @Anthony Monteil... The Sound during that Tire-Change sounds like there is still more than one wheel gun active !?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Good point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    What may be happing is the AI only take 2 sets of new tires, rather than 4. They tend to do if there are forced pitstops since they see no need to change all 4.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if you want to equalise stuff with the AI just set a minimum pitstop time , a few seconds longer than what it takes and that way they wont jump you in pitstops (unless you mess up)

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1