Looking for replacement pedals.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neil Bateman, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I am looking for a replacement set of pedals to go with my g27 wheel, any pedals that will work with a g27 would do.
    Obviously g27 pedals would be ok but anything better would be a bonus as the g27 pedals are somewhat lacking in one or two areas and some sort of upgrade is due anyway. If anyone has any for sale or knows someone that might be interested please let me know.
    Thanks.;)

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I cant point you to a particular set of pedals for sale but.................I was using a G25 for quite a while with the standard pedals, then found a CSR wheel and CSR Elite pedals on ebay for peanuts, the wheel was a little\marginally better, the pedals were another world after using the g25s.
    You often see the CSR Elite pedals on ebay for not a lot compared to the others of fanatec range, decent clutch and throttle with a load cell brake and a piece of cake to make an adaptor to fit the G series wheels or just use the usb pnp.
    I`ll just say if i needed to replace the g series pedals it wouldnt be with a like for like, you really need the load cell brake whatever make it is.

3. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @Not Lifting Off Thanks for the tips, to be honest I am really not sure what to go for as the g25 and g27 pedals are the only ones I have ever used.
    Can you buy an adapter if I went for something like the csr elite, I don't know what usb pnp is.:blush:
    I know with the T3PA pedals there is an adapter, the other pedals I was considering.

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yes you can buy an adaptor or you could make one for pennies if your that way inclined, but not really needed, see below.

USB plug n play, the CSR pedals are stand alone units that plug direct into a usb port on your computer, cant remember if you have to install the fanatec drivers or if they just work.

5. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I will continue my search, for now I will just suffer my failing g27 pedals, my own fault I think I knackered them messing with modding the dam things.:rolleyes:

6. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    You can also use the newer Fanatec CSL Pedal Set. They are a 100 bucks, but we feel they are very tactile, especially with the loadcell kit. You can also connect them directly via USB so you can use them independently with any wheel you may like.
    We use those on all default simulators we build now, because the all metal build makes it very durable as well.

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well in my limited experience, having owned 3 sets of CSL Elites LC's and returned them all due to the load cell popping off under heavy braking and constantly going out of calibration, I opted for the Clubsport V3's, marvellous, would also recommend the brake kit (which is extra dosh) to go with them, probably never need another set, well unless you go pro then someone else can pay for your pedals. Well worth the extra funds, would also be worth looking at the second hand market, see v2's all the time and V3's occasionally.

8. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    That is a problem i was thinking about, when we first received the CSL pedals, but we have not experienced it (yet). We switched from the V3 Pedals to the CSL because the V3 randomly deviced to stop being recognized by the same PC. We could connect another V3 pedal and it worked fine, just this one pedal would not work with that pc anymore.

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have had similar problems but the other way round. The CSL's constantly stopped being recognised, I found just changing the USB port to another worked 99% of the time but then the sodding things needed re-calibrating, again! o_O believe the missing USB device palava is a Windows issue rather than a hardware problem, if you go just back through this forum you will find many examples of the same happening to people using all sorts of devices and throughout the Sim racing world this seems to occur randomly and persistently. Saying all that I believe some of these issues may have been addressed in a recent update as it certainly hasn't happened to me again (yet) and haven't noticed any recent reports of this over the past few weeks.
    Personally, after trying both I have to say the build quality and adjustability of the V3's swayed it for me but that's not to say that if the CSL's had worked as intended I would not be using them now!

10. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Guys thank you so much for the feedback, at the end of the day its all down to funds available, i have to hope which ever i can find or afford out of the two i will be lucky and have no problems, and whatever i buy will have to fit the GT Omega Pro cockpit.

11. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    CSL ELITE LC fits perfectly with GT Omega Pro

• Agree Agree x 1