loosing points by kicked out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soyuz7, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Soyuz7

Soyuz7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why we lost that incredible quantity of rating/reputation when we are kicked from a server by max ping? we effort so much to win some points and when we are kicked off we lost all that we gain in the last races.. please can fix that? or at least loosing less points. The system should knows identify when u leave a race by yourself and when u are kicked off.
    Thanks.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You would then be able to manipulate the system, you can throttle your connection yourself and make the server kick you.

Good thing is, Elo rating doesn't work like an XP bar in videogames in a sense that if you lost some XP you lost it forever.

The rating system tries to find what your "true" rating is, i.e. what rating corresponds with your actual skills. So, how much rating you get after a race depends not only on where you finish, but also what your rating was before the race. The lower your rating was, the bigger the increase will be. If you lost some points because of an accident, in a few next races you'll be getting more points than if it didn't happen, so it kinda balances out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Soyuz7

Soyuz7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good point.thanks for answer. Actually is so unfair what happened to me in a race.. one guy P.Wars from france, smash his car the entire race until i reach 30 incidents points, why should i loss if i was smashed by him the entire race? :(

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It seems harsh. But think of it this way. He also got those points, and if he's the type that does that often his reputation will be really really low. So keep your races as clean as possible and you never have to race him again....

Also, if I encounter someone like that on track I will avoid at all costs, even if it means letting them go. Better to lose a place than lose a whole race.

5. Soyuz7

Soyuz7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you so much!

6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    If that guy really intentionally wrecked you, not by making a mistake. You can report them to admins on discord with videos/replay and description of what happened. There's a good chance he will be banned for that.

Second thing you should know is that gains and losses are doubled in the first 20 races. To allow you to faster reach your true level. This also means that you loose 2x rep when you get disconnected. This is something that is being looked at by the devs because it seems too harsh.

7. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Has anybody an idea what happen on 17/07/21 23 o'clock on Monza server?
    Game freezes 5 seconds before start, no crash dump file. Check the results, how is this possible? How can anybody got 3 points for disco but STILL loose or gain possitions? I lost more than 9 RP in a race never happend? Please, i need to know how this happend, whats going on here? Is it possible to remove the result, that must have been a server problem?

Bild1.jpg