Low multiplayer participants

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prince Alexander, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I live on the West Coast in North America, and it seems when I log onto multiplayer in the evening, there are hardly any players. Are most of the races happening when it's day/evening in Europe, or are there just not a lot of players?

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Currently the public servers are a bit of a walk through the wasteland.
    That will probably change once the MP player-thingie gets implemented with ratings and all that, but for the moment you're probably better of doing some research online and finding a league/community to join.

3. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I live in mid west canada.....own every sim and sadly evening sim racers in north america....especially on the west side are a dying breed after 8pm mt.
    That being said I have found 2 north american groups i run with....
    Race Department has a US server now which is pretty good on weekends and covers every sim...except iracing and rf2, you will need a premium membership $12 cdn a yr.....but well worth the $$$
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/r3e-racing-club-leagues.15/

And ESR West
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/esr-public-events-drop-in-on-week-ends.3250/
    They have weekend races and a championship starting soon :)

For the most part the peak racing times are UK based which is around mid day for us....i am lucky as I work evenings, so I can usually get a couple races in before work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I'll have to check those out.
    Seems like the more popular online races are using amateur settings. I always race with all assists off, I'll have to see if I can find some events that suit my preferences.

5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah west coast is prob the worst time, by a mile

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    They are very populated for European primetime. If I log on around noon or 3pm EST, there are lots of packed races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Great! I'll check those out. I'll have to buy some tracks and cars first though. I might go with the starter pack first, and then buy some of the better tracks. Cheers :)

PS: I was just doing a multiplayer event...I was the only participant...and the server still initiated the race...safe to say that it was a rather boring race, but I did win ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Hey Lord...Another rule of thumb as an American....if you roll out of bed on a Sat or Sunday morning and have a chance to log on....expect full servers. Good luck!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So I did log on this morning, and you're absolutely right, a lot more drivers online :)
    Attempted my first real multiplayer race. Took it easy, didn't want to cause havok :D Proud to say I didn't cause any collisions (although I did get hit from behind numerous times), finished 8th/14. I could definitely work on my pit stop...
    Qualifying was a bit of a headache though. Wasn't able to get any good laps in, since so many cars were doing slow in/out laps, but driving on the racing line (and not getting out of the way!!!!). Are there no penalties for blocking during qualifying?
    Anyways, enjoyed my first race. See you on the race track. :) cheers, Alex

• Like Like x 2