Manual shift questions & steering animation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prince Alexander, May 10, 2017.

1. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a G27 with a manual shifter. I'm looking for some settings that I can't find. When releasing the clutch while standing still, the car should stall, but it doesn't...am I missing something? I have the H-shifter option enabled. Also, I can change gears without the clutch just fine, shouldn't there be some kind of grinding noise with eventual damage to the tranny?

Also, any way to get the cockpit view steering animation to match the steering rotation for my car set-up? Animation seems to be 180 degrees, even if I set the actual rotation to something like 540.
    Thanks and cheers!

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There is an option called auto-clutch. You need to deactivate that an if I remember right, the car should stall then...

The Steering-Animation on most of the cars is only 180-Degrees and stops there, while the actual rotation of the Steering-Wheel on the car moves on. Only some newer models like the Audi TT Cup or BMW M6 animate a bigger rotation...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    1. Depends on the type of car. Cars with a sequential gearbox have the automatic clutch enabled always (for now).
    2. Agree with @m.bohlken , but there's an option that changes whether the steering wheel is visible and whether the drivers hands are visible. If you disable the driver hands but leave the wheel visible it will turn at angles >180°.

• Like Like x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    There also is a bug with BMW 320 Turbo, Fabcar 935 and Zakspeed Capri that makes them impossible to stall. (is in the bug tracker)

About shifting without clutch with H-shifter, what I can remember there was a grinding noise when attempting that before, and I don't think the gears would go in unless you used the clutch.
    @J-F Chardon do you have any knowledge about the grinding H-shifter sound?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies! I'll try to look for the auto-clutch feature when I get home. That will probably resolve some of the issues.
    I'll also give making the steering wheel invisible a try. Thanks :D

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Auto cluth on/off is with F4 or F5 I think?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So I figured out the steering animation. There is an option that matches the steering with the wheel setup, so now the in-game wheel matches the actual wheel rotation.
    However, the clutch issue still isn't resolved. I turned off auto-clutch, but that didn't make a difference (at least not with the Canhard, maybe I should try a different car. Does the Canhard have sequential or a fully manual tranny? ). Still doesn't stall, or affect the shifting without a clutch...

8. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so driving a car with a proper manual DOES enable stalling, etc...thanks for all the replies, cheers :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This didn't bother me when I was racing in 2D, because I had the wheel hidden. But I recently came back to the game, and since the last time I played, I'm now using VR. The hands locking at 180 is super annoying. It's even affecting my ability to catch slides. I hope they fix this soon, because I don't the sim enjoyable in VR. I used to love it in 2D.

Why haven't they fixed this yet? It doesn't seem like a very difficult thing to correct.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I completely agree with you. I removed the driver arms animation and then the steering wheel moves more than 180 degree (moves normally)

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Or if needed (what I can totally understand while using VR), stick with new cars for now. The freshly created Cars have more degree of rotation - don't know how much...