Microsoft Auto-update wipes out Hyper X Cloud II

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skidmark, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Last week I allowed Microsoft to "update" Windows 10 (I was already running Win 10 - this was a further big update which added Cortana and other gimmicks :mad:).

Since the update Windows doesn't recognise my Kingston Hyper X Cloud II headset, despite me installing the latest drivers this morning.

The headset works but only as a generic device so it sounds pretty rubbish. All sound depth is lost.:(

Any one else have this problem? Or better still know how to solve it?

2. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    This happens because by default Win automaticaly download and install drivers updates and mostly not from device manufacturer. Better to switch off auto updates for devices.
    Then just delete this generic headset from the device manager and install latest drivers from Kingston support site manually.

Some times ago, many of us have the similar problem with Logitech G25/27. After windows update, they recognised as DFGT and of course without clutch pedal

3. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I had that issue with my logitech headphones too. It's recognized by windows as "Stereo" instead of the 5.1 or 7.1 surround.
    It was a crapshoot with mine. install, re-install, re-install, re-install, eventually finally recognized my old headphones, but now the pc doesn't recognize my new logitech headphones. So I'm guessing windows updated with some type of windows10 audio drivers for my windows 7.

I found with my Logitech headphones, if you block the update drivers for the headphones, even if you install the gaming software that supposedly controls the headphones, my headphones will not work at all.....until windows installs drivers.
    just fyi.

4. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies guys - still no luck here at all.

I'm running with awful tinny sound that doesn't do justice to R3E.

"There is no supported audio device available".

Sigh.