Mini HUD

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Pr3t3nd3r, 9. März 2015.

1. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Howdy S3

I am wondering if it is possible to add a speed indicator under the mini HUD? Currently it's showing only gears but it would be really nice if you would also add a speed indicator under or near the gear indicator :)

I know that full info HUD has all needed data but I think it would be great to add at least speed indicator so that you would be able to see how fast are you going :)

Ty for the reply!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Everytime I went to a trackday on my motorcycle the first thing to do was cover the speed dial.

If you have it there you tend to look. If you look... you might end up off the tarmac :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but I am used to look at straights how fast can car actually go xD

I agree that there is no time to look at it when we are cornering :D

4. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    The end of S/F is the worse place to look as it is usually where you will miss the braking point while going faster while looking at the top speed "record" :D

5. Myself9

Myself9 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can understand that practice, completely.
    All I want on my hud is a tach light. I'm too tempted to look at anything else, and the having the distractions of position/speed/lap time on the screen is my recipe for a visit to the nearest wall.

6. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Interesting...I did quite a few on mine and the only thing we had to cover up or remove was the mirrors. At every briefing we were told to lose the mirrors and never look behind; It was the rider behind that had the responsibility to avoid trouble...

7. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I mean *I* wanted to do that. Was recommended by someone on my first TD and after the 1st stint I was convinced :)

8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I would appreciate if the pop-up message "cut track warning/penalty" would appear somewhere else, than covering my virtual mirror.
    Could be fatal, specially if you made a small mistake and slowing down (or got a slow down penalty) so at least you can do your part to avoid being crashed from behind...;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Maybe this is a part of their plan - it forces you to look at the virtual mirror xD It's not actually a bad idea :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.056 / 0 / -0
    I use hud dash on android phone, it shows the speed, it's only really useful if your learning the track and tweaking your setup, for example on turn 2 at panorama I felt like my gear selection might be slowing me down too much, sure I had great grip but speed was suffering then I started to pay attention to the speed in turn and it gave me the info I wanted. I would not ever look at that in race though.