Problem Minor Fuel Annoyance

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, May 27, 2016.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    In my car setup im using imperial\gallons so setup using x number of gallons but when i drive my car is showing my fuel load in litres, a little mix and match is fun when its women but not cars and fuel :) bit of a ballache having to do the maths to convert in my head especially when various servers have different fuel usage settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. P Davies

P Davies Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    We had a race department club race at the Nord Yesterday, A lot of us ran out of fuel,We selected the amount of fuel for the Pit Stop in gallons,I selected 9 Gallons for my stop and only got 9 litres :eek: which gave me a DNF as I ran out of fuel 3/4's of a lap later :(.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure you you are using imperial and not metric, not sure that the option is there, but if you selected 9.0gallon that would be 45ish litres and .9 gallon about 4.0 litres on track in the mini display.

4. P Davies

P Davies Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yeah,I use Mph and use Imperial measurements,So I had 9 gallons selected in my pit stop preset but just got the 9 litres,I wasn't the only one it happened to either,Still it's the first bug or issue I've had so I can't grumble.

5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Cool never seen that before, mine is just gallons in setup menu and litres on track, minor irritation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. P Davies

P Davies Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My mini display also shows litres like yours,so I was expecting to see 40 litres or so not 9 :eek:. I've changed the Pit Stop Preset fuel to Safe now :) The people that used the "Safe" option finished the race,as did the drivers with metric settings,It only affected us old imperial users,I've got another race on Sunday which I intend to finish :D..

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'm seeing the same thing. If your fuel unit is gallons and you set a pitstop up with 15 gallons you actually only get 15 litres :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    very good to know, hopefully sector3 staff see the post and can improve on this. In the mean time it may be best to just stick to Metric every where, i hate to hear people are running out of gas like me! [22:50]

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i see where my confusion came, you were talking about the pit strategy and me just the setup fuel load, either way its an issue that needs fixing.