Bug Missing Device revisited.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GooseCreature, Sep 21, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This morning, out of the blue, my Thrustmaster TX300 has gone awol, "device missing", now the F1 rim attached to said TX is still there (there's me thinking they were a team), which does mean I can assign functions, buttons etc but am unable to set lock or interact with FF settings at all. I also have started getting the dreaded multiple "device detected" overlays along the top, now, have not had this issue for months, any idea's. I've validated files, deleted control profiles and folder in My Docs and I've swore profoundly, loudly and with a frightening amount of venom but alas, nothing seems to work.
    Oh Geni of the Forum, if I chuck some fuel in yer lamp, can you throw some light upon my darkness?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, I know it's not supposed to be funny, but the way you worded this made me lough so hard that it took me a wile to see clearly again.
    Hence the rating, sorry for that.
    But I do see the not so funny part about it. Had it once in the last couple of months (with Fanatec V2). I was probably lucky that it was only some kind of glitch, because when I closed the sim, I disconnected the wheel from the base, reconnected and restarted, the issue was gone.
    Going by what you tried already, it seems not so simple.
    Is the F1 your only rim ? If not you could try another ?

3. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well it is laughable at the end of the day, certainly not going to die from it and plenty more fish in the sea, as the saying goes.
    Beginning to think it's related to Nvidia drivers, been a big update and to try not to be too technical about it, if the Sphinx's eyes line up with the constellation Leo we're all doomed! :eek::eek::eek:

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    User error, you obviously haven't sworn profoundly enough.

This one is a bit of a mystery, only pops up ever so often and till now it vanished just as quickly as it had appeared. You don't happen to have any other, dubious peripherals connected to your PC (gamepad, usb-sockwarmer etc)? Was also gonna ask about drivers, but apparently you're up-to... Guess you haven't tried and don't intend to downgrade the drivers?

You can still enter a session, right? If you haven't given up already, maybe start a session, quit and exit and attach the logs (game + MWTransport) here.

5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Have you attempted a driver re-install or/and just a unplug / replug of the USB cables (in another port in order to trigger Windows' controller setup stuff) ?

I've had this sort of issue where a steering wheel would suddenly go missing, and I fiddled with cables like that and it re-appeared.

6. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I have had this error at launch and have ignored it as nothing seemed to work. I have multiple profiles that have been created, not sure really how or why but everything seems to work.

7. Mario R.

Mario R. Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My solution is to connect the steering wheel and wait for the self-calibration. After that I connect the Fanatec Pedals V3.

8. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well the only change was I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest, 411.63. The thing is I swear when this happened a few months back it was after a Nvidia update. I have absolutely no technical evidence to back this up other than, after playing with some settings with AA etc when I loaded RR my TM shifter had also gone awol. Then when I unplugged the shifter (usb) and restarted RR the TX300 was back (use paddles mostly so can live without the shifter). Alas woke up this morning started RR and the TX has gone awol again.
    Yes J-F Chardon have tried your suggestions and some, becoming a bit of an old hand with this one, originally thought it was a Windows, usb issue but erring more toward Nvidia or maybe an issue between Windows and Nvidia, who knows, pain in the butt though, as completely random as to whether I have FF or steering lock adjustment and whether true or just in my head, I swear my FF feels different every time I drive. Off to try some plugging and unplugging of leads. Will back track on the Nvidia driver if all else fails. Will report back!

9. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I get this with my T500RS every time there's a Windows update. Not just in R3E, but across all sims.
    All I do is re-install the Thrustmaster firmware, and I'm back in business though.

One more thing it might be, the last major Win update (last Monday or Tuesday) also reset the power-control for the USB hubs, allowing Windows to turn them off to 'save power'. :rolleyes:
    Worth checking if this is the case for you as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to overrule that setting ?
    Almost back from hollidays, still have to suffer the update...:confused:

11. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how to stop it from happening, but you can simply change it back.
    Go to Device Manager -> USB Controllers.
    Then right-click each hub you have, go to the Power Management tab, and deselect "Allow computer to turn off this hub"
    But you have to do it manually for each hub you have.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, well that simple task seems to have done the job, cheers CheerfullyInsane, strange thing is, I didn't do this last time o_O Ah well, who gives a damn, it works (for now), had already re-installed TM in it's entirety without any luck.

• Like Like x 1