Resolved Missing Devices Fanatec DD1

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kosletten, Dec 15, 2019.

1. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only way I can change steering wheels on my Fanatec DD1 wheel base is if I start the game with the McLaren GT3 wheel attached to the wheel base. If I start the game with any other wheel attached it comes up with the Missing Devices >Fanatec Podium...…

All Profiles were created from the "Default" DD1 profile and the only way it would show up as "Default" instead of "User Created" was to change the ReadOnly="0" to ReadOnly="1" in the Fanatec Podium DD1 rcs

At least I know how to get the game going now without having to rebind everything every time I change wheels, but I don't want to have to put the McLaren wheel on before I start the game every time.

Any thoughts? Does something need to be changed in the rcs file?
    Thanks,
    KO

mcLaren_01.jpg McLarenHub.jpg

Attached Files:

2. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, it might be working again, for the moment anyway.
    Started over from scratch again.
    Deleted custom profiles.
    Put wheel A on the base and started the game.
    Created a new custom profile from the default profile.
    Exit the game.
    Put wheel B on the base and started the game.
    Exit the game.
    Put wheel C on the base and started the game.
    Exit the game.

For now, I can start the game with whichever wheel I want to use and the only Missing Devices are the wheels that aren't attached at the moment.
    I can not change wheels though without exiting the game.

Hopefully it sticks this time, I thought I had it working several times before only to come back the next day and none of them
    w:confused:rked.

newf1dd1.jpg newhshift.jpg

3. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All seem to be working now.:)

4. victorfrisbee

victorfrisbee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How did you do this? I’m new to sim racing. I have this EXACT same problem. The only way I can currently get my Porsche Podium GT3 wheel with EBM to work is to start Raceroom with my F1 wheel the. Switch wheels afterwards.

5. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just follow what I did and make a new custom profile for each wheel starting with default profile as the basis for each wheel.
    I have to shut off the DD1 and turn it back on after I change wheels in game before the game will recognize that I switched wheels.. After I restart the DD1 I can select the correct controller profile.