Modding R3E

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gp20, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Can any of the people in this thread claiming to be 100% modding explain to me why

I realise it's a generalised term and incorporates a lot of things, but in my GTR2 install I race offline with several fields of cars that I've painted myself or downloaded to collate a field that resembles a 'real' one as closely as possible. What I'd like to be able to do with the R3E content, for example, is create a field of GTR3 cars that have consistent number plates (for example, add a couple of sister WRT cars and put Blancpain number plates on all cars) and be able to amend the AI names and values to my preferences (to resemble real drivers). That's it. It wouldn't interfere with your game at all. So why would you care that I not be allowed to do that?

I know it's not going to happen with the R3E system and business model and it's an understandably unrealistic dream, but it always irks me when people are against modding for "quality" reasons or something else; let me decide what I like in my offline gaming please.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't agree, mostly because iracing have found a way to do it. Yes, they kinda had to drop piracy protection on their own liveries, but then again, as you rightly mentioned, creating quality liveries isn't as big a challenge as it used to be 10+ years ago.

From a technical pov it mainly adds a whole bunch of headaches in terms of mp and the portal I guess. From a business pov, well there's the partners section in the portal and I kinda understand their want for seeing their cars in the liveries they (or the partners partners) want.

3. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    There are few things I like to mod ;

1 ; Custom user created menus, just drag and drop segments there where you want. Like the options and replay menus, the single/multiplayer screens etc etc

2 ; Liveries, yes, but not as easy like in Forza and created liveries would go to a general server, where only the best 50/100 liveries per model/racing series will be available for everyone.

3 : Wings /downforce. Like a kind of windtunnel testing and by turning the wings see how much downforce you can get, or less downforce offcourse.

4. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, if you never race online.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. specialsymbol

specialsymbol New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whoa! Which game is that??

6. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Forza 6?

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. specialsymbol

specialsymbol New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! This looks stunning. Let's hope for UE4 :)

9. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Oh okay, does look fantastic, though isn't Drive Club meant to be even more "arcade" than Forza and Gran Turismo, which are at least semi-sim? Think it's meant to more of a sim than outright arcade racers like Need for Speed, which is way too "arcade" for me, though.