Monitor Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by njd231, Sep 20, 2018.

1. njd231

njd231 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am finally getting away from sharing a 50" TV with my sons PS4 and setting up a stand alone cockpit (existing Rseat RS1 for now). I have ordered a monitor stand and now need to fill it!
    I don't have room for a triple set up and have been looking at various monitors, and am tempted by the Samsung 49" SUW. The cost is a bit prohibitive, but if it performs as I hope then i am happy to spend.
    Can anybody share any experience with this monitor for racing or are there better options available?
    I am running a 1080ti for info.
    I expect most monitors will be an upgrade over a 60hz 4k TV, however my concern is that I am so used to the BIG screen, smaller monitors may ruin the immersion.

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 0 / -0
    Get a big monitor then you wont notice, Nvidia have just licensed a 65", 120Hz beauty, should be making it to the market by the end of the year, looking at the specs, well worth adding to your shortlist.

3. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
  4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    Immersion: VR!

5. njd231

njd231 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys - the review is really useful. With regard to VR, I have used a Vive but get too hot and uncomfortable during longer races - and some motion sickness! I agree, when the resolution increases it will be a more attractive alternative (if i can stop feeling sick)