Bug More bugs

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    1) Multiplayer Alpha: Missing cars
    race for GT2/GT3 car category. Only 1 GT2 car available for selection (BMW M3). why? Where are the other GT2 cars?

2)Multiplayer Alpha: Starting lights
    I watched the other drivers pull away from the standing start. But my starting lights were still on.
    So I'm sitting there watching the field lap me and my starting lights are still on.....so technically, the race hasn't started and I'm already a lap down.

3) Multiplayer Alpha: ADAC cars bugged like hell
    I've driven 2 cars today. ADAC Mercedes and DTM Mercedes.
    EVERY RACE for ADAC Mercedes, I have to reset to default so I can get more than one gear.
    So where do we save our suspension settings now?

4) Dashboard displays blank
    Mini displays blank too.

5) Multiplayer Alpha: Invisible cars
    Turn 2 @ Oschersleben. Invisible car collides with me we both go off track and then he becomes visible.
    Cars blinking left side....right side....left side....right side.....pick a side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) More Error 503's and long load times today.

So I'm guessing this patch was pushed out - even though it wasn't really ready???
    "Let the customer find the bugs" is never really a good idea. You end up providing an inferior product and say "hey, there are a bunch of problems in this game, but we want to charge you money for it anyway"

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    What server have you seen this on? An official server or another one?

Can't comment on any of the rest, as not experienced it myself, bar invisible cars which usually results from packet loss from one client or another (I've had to restart servers to fix this in past when clients connected desync from each other, and sometimes cars become invisible to some and not to others)

I am sure that 'let the customer find the bugs" is not in their business plan, and as you stated several times in your own post, it is "multiplayer alpha." It's going to have bugs.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's not like those are bugs anybody would miss, so it's not a case of let the user find 'em...

1) Probably private server set up that way.
    3) Have you tried setting up the car in an SP game mode like leaderboard challenge and see if the setup is being saved?
    6) Known and fix in sight, moving to a new database system.

4. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My suspicion which is why I asked.

5. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0

I used to belong to a website that claimed they were in a "BETA" build.
    that was 5 years ago. It still says "BETA". It's a crutch - simple as that. If something went wrong, they could claim "It's in beta". It's just an excuse for crappy programming.

At some point you have to move on and it's no longer "BETA".....
    By the same token, at some point, it's no longer gonna be "ALPHA".
    When did the multiplayer start? April?

6. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Likely was a private server then, as you can pick and choose what car is available to the whim of whoever is running the server. you can put in every car from a class, or remove some if the admin desires. Listed as GT3 does not guarantee all GT3 cars are there. If it is an official server it is more likely that all cars from that class should be present, but since I do not run any of them I could not say for sure one way or another what cars are allowed per server. More information could narrow it down to whether it was a bug or simply a choice by the server admin.

I'm not going to argue with you about 'beta' or 'alpha' or whatever, and I'm not going to deny that there are many issues with this title. It is what it is, I can accept that, if you have issues with it, then by all means that is your right. It is up to the devs to decide what stage any part of the title is. I've been playing some games that have been in 'alpha' for three or more years. I really couldn't care less.

You see "crappy programming" but I see "incomplete programming" and get on with my day.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    1) In Dedicated Server-Tool you can explicit select the car out of a class. So if the Admin just want the M3 in GTR2 than you can only select that one.

2) That might be connected to your Connection-Problems (503 and so on)

3) You have to reset the Setups for every Track you race. The Setups are saved per Track.

4) Known Bug - there is a workaround by deactivating the option "Load Opponent Cockpits" in graphicssettings

5) High Ping from you or your opponent - normal

6) Has Christian already mentioned

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I'm confused......

Sometimes I will get "999 ping spikes" in world of tanks, but my tanks do not disappear or blink or become invisible - either to me or to the people I play with. Usually what happens is that my vehicle stops responding - but nothing becomes invisible.

Same with an FPS game. I get the ocassional "rubber banding" (teleport afew feet in one direction or another) when getting ping spikes from overseas (european) servers, but nothing just flat out becomes invisible or disappears from the game. The helicopters, Jets, tanks , Humvees, BTR's, BDRM's, MTLB's, LAV's, STRYKER's, Bradley ....) they do not disappear while I'm flying or driving them. The worst I have experienced is similar to the Multiplayer server entry freeze bug.

Is it the nature of racing sims that cause the cars to blink or disappear?
    Or is it THIS PARTICULAR game that does that?

just curious

9. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Similar phenomena in other (all) sim racing games.

10. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, in Iracing they blink, badly. In Assetto Corsa they warp back and forwards. It seems to be a thing unique to sims.

11. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Issue no. 5 has been mentioned for months now in several threads. It is not a high ping issue as this problem only happens in RRRE for most users, even if they have rockstable internet connection.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if someone is using wifi in a family home (shared connection ) then there ping is going to bounce around like a kangaroo , and the problem is , is there are lots of people doing this ... so its not really the fault of the game its the numpty who cant be arsed to have a wired connection and set there router up with enough band width to exclude the spikes caused by there family.... simple

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the explaination. It must have been a private server. I see alot of "RR" servers so I'm assuming they are "Raceroom" servers?

Yeah, maybe I was abit harsh regarding the programming. I couldn't do it....that's for sure.....so you're right. Just get on with my day. So many issues hit me at the same time and I was abit cross :mad:

Thanks again.

14. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Oh I understand, especially when you become invested in a title, things get frustrating. Development cycles these days never end, even after a so called "full release" and there will always be bugs. Unfortunate evil of the easy digital distribution of modern games when demand for something right now is always there from the player base, and for a small team like Sector3 I bet it can be overwhelming to inherit a title that was in pretty poor shape and try an get things in order within the limits of the original framework. It gets annoying for sure, you think "For God's sake people, fix it!"

We have been helping where we can to sort out the invisible car issues, try an make the servers more stable for the varying connection that come in, but there will always be factors and nothing happens overnight.

Enjoy your racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    No, this also happens to users who use cableconnection, dont share their bandwith and dont have any issues at all in other games/sims. It has something to do with rrre multiplayer alpha.

16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If there are only one or two cars flickering around it is not neccesarly your connection causing the problems, it's the connection from the user with the flickering car.