More dedication on the physics side?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigLouieG, May 3, 2016.

1. BigLouieG

BigLouieG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As the title says, pretty much. The behaviour off a lot a cars look weird. Watching a replay you will instantly notice that there is pretty much no suspension geometry/travel on the cars. They all are pretty much stiff as a rock. Its seems that you don't see any type off suspension travel or weight transfer when trowing the car at high speed corners or when doing heavy breaking/acceleration. When you hit the gravel or a curb they all pretty much feel the same, no matter what car or class your driving. Actually, you have some "tast" when driving a car and how they feel while driving each class, but when you watch a replay, the car is "floating on the ground"
    The game as great potencial, graphically its very good, sound wise its hands down, but physics? I see too much content (cars/class) being pushed over/rushed, and no focus by the team on the basic stuff?

• Disagree Disagree x 12
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    That would be at an educated guess animation related and nothing to do with the physics at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    hmmmm, I can feel weight transfers and stuff.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Interesting you use the floating reference. I was driving the Huracan in AC last night and it made me realize part of the fun of R3E which is the feeling of connection to the road. I think somehow they do a good job just making you feel like you are really driving the car. I really like AC too, but having been driving a ton of R3E lately, driving a different sim felt very skatey and floaty. Probably more so on that specific car but still, made me realize part of the R3E appeal that is sometimes hard to quantify, less so lately.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Same thing happened to me last night going from iRacing Z4 GT3 to R3E Z4 GT3.
    In RaceRoom I can "feel" the weight of the car like in no other sim. It always makes me smile :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Locking wheels on braking feel really nice too, but it's been since always i think (release ADAC GTM 2013 at least). But I'm not sure if this feeling comes from FFB itself or rather from sound.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BigLouieG

BigLouieG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm just trying to point that from what "you see and feel trough FFB/Cockpit view" doesnt really match somehow from what you see on a replay. Yes, indeed it maybe related to animation issues. After trying the ADAC 2015 version, i've seen a lot of improvement on the behaviour off the car and the challenge that its provides. It still remains easy to drive, but dificult to master.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    ADAC 2015 version is exactly the same as ADAC 2014, 2013 and GTR3 :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what you are comparing to.
    But race cars are a lot stiffer than road cars, and shouldn't have the same amount of suspension travel or body roll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chocoloco

Chocoloco Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    In my experience they are not. A few days ago I tested the GTR3 Corvette vs the ADAC 2013 & 15 models. Try for yourself, the 2013 and 15 models have a very different kind of feedback. The wheel is much more alive in the 15 model while the ffb in the 2013 model feels almost dead around center. For me, this is a plus because otherwise I would think of the sales model as a rip off, paying extra to drive the same car with a possibly different livery in a basically identical class. This way you pay for improvements in the driving model which I believe is just fair to charge for.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you need to reset your steering settings for older cars.

If you have "older" model, you pay only for livery.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    You hit the nail with your head right there, because that's exactly what we do.
    That's why those of us that bought ADAC 2013/2014 only pay about 600 Vrp to get the same cars all over again.
    Big discounts for repeat offenders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BigLouieG

BigLouieG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No one is comparing road cars to race cars. You are, not me. Ill give you an easy example: Pick any car, load up Zolder and and cut turn 4 (chicane) straight ahead at full speed true the curbs and bumps. Posts your results here.

14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No, just wasn't sure if you did.
    Because I don't know what that would look like in real life, that wouldn't be to much use.. But by driving the WTCC 2013 BMW and taking that chicane in 3 rd gear, aprox 120 km/h It looked almost identical to 0:33 in this vid:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    DTM BMW '92 is like a see-saw.

I guess I am dialed in for this game.

16. BigLouieG

BigLouieG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Almost...

17. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    So, what kind of outcome did you expect?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1