Bug More shifter issue info

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mike Demers, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    So for the stuck in first gear issue I have some more info. Last night I played several MP races and only had the issue on a mixed class server.
    Tonight, first race in a WTCC server was all good , no issues.
    Second race, I got stuck in first gear. how I fixed it was reaching over and moving my H shifter to 2nd (I was playing sequential) once I moved the shifter to second I could then start shifting with paddles again. Of course I was now 25 seconds behind.
    I am using a G27. In both cases I was using an auto clutch but using a the clutch pedal for standing starts.
    this doesnt appear to work as good as before the update IMO. Not sure what logs are needed for this if any.

2. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Another shifter issue for me is while racing, gearing down sometimes leaves me in neutral between 1st and 2nd or 3rd. It seems that lifting off or dabbing the brakes engages the gear again and it happens randomly.
    During one race I had a message come up reporting Disconnected Device, then connected again. Both cannot be simulated.

3. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Had the same tonight in MP in Zolder. Later in the same race the engine of my Cadi switched off by itself and gear switched from 5th to neutral. While still rolling silently over the track I switched up the gears and the engine started again.

4. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yeh the same shit happened to me, thought what the hell, rolling down the straight coasting. Lol And I think it was the Cadi too.

5. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Same happens to me using Fanatec Universal hub with paddle shifter.
    Sometimes it shifts up to sixth for no reason. Also won't shift down at times just stays in fifth or sixth and only after several attempts on the paddle does it shift down again.
    Occasionally won't shift up from 5th to 6th
    Any ideas to fix this?

6. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Do you have mechanical damage on? Since the big update all of my shifting issues are fixed. What you are describing is exactly what happens to me if mechanical damage is on and the gearbox starts to fail.

7. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Not on and not related in my case as the no can shift down happens only in certain areas of a track. Eg gearing down to the penultimate corner at Norisring, sometimes (not always) does not shift down from sixth - then it works fine for a few laps then it will occur again. Also happens at times when braking into T1 at Norisring.
    No upshift happens exiting the final turn at Norisring.
    As I say it happens sporadically - but typically cannot do more than 2-3 laps without it happening.

8. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Tried Auto Clutch off and it seems a little bit better but still happening - kind of thing that should not happen at all

9. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    It happens with all the current Competitions. Question is: Is it only me or are others having shifting issues with Fanatec or any wheel for that matter?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015