Problem Moza Racing R21 FFB

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by gnelson0265, Jun 19, 2023.

1. gnelson0265

gnelson0265 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't get my R21 to work correctly with RRE
    I've bound controls, and the system seems to recognize the inputs from the base, but i get no FFB at all, and the steering feels all notchy
    I've tried messing with the FFB settings but i'm getting nothing
    I used to have a Moza R9 and that worked fine, but I can't this base going.
    I've deleted all my profiles and started from scratch, i've used the built in R9 RCS file renamed (but with the correct device ID for the R21)
    all to no avail.
    Please help

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Try adding R21 info to this file: Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml

This but with the correct deviceID:
    <key type="uint32">xxxxxx</key> <!-- MOZA R21 Base -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">false</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    <alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">true</alwaysCreateEffects>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">true</supportsSpringEffect>
    <supportsDamperEffect type="bool">true</supportsDamperEffect>
    </value>

If it works, could you also post the R21 deviceID here? Maybe it could be used by devs to add it to the game.

3. Theopraktisch [vMADS]

Theopraktisch [vMADS] Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Anyone got the R21 worked?

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You don't get FFB at all? Even the first time you go out on track?

5. Theopraktisch [vMADS]

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I tried some workarounds i saw in the forum but didn´t worked for me.
    Just got FFB from curbs and gravel.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Wait, so you do get some FFB? Just not all that you expect to get.

1) In the game, Settings - Controls - Key bindings, bind a button for "Input meter", press it while driving. Does FFB graph match what you feel on the wheel? Or are there moments when FFB graph shows high FFB forces but the wheel doesn't have any resistance?

2) When did this issue first occur? The last big update from Monday added and fixed some things related to Moza bases.
    3) Did the game suggested an R16 profile to you? Or you created a new one from maybe Keyboard profile? Attach your profile's .rcs file from here: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    4) If you made any changes to steering_wheels.xml since Monday (or in the last couple days), attach this file too.

5) Attach screenshots of your in-game FFB settings.
    6) Attach screenshots of your Moza Pithouse wheelbase settings (all tabs from "Basic settings" to "Miscellaneous").

7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Also, can it be that your wheel is hijacked by Steam and the game thinks it's a gamepad? Steam - Settings - Controller.

8. Theopraktisch [vMADS]

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I will have a look. Thanks in advantage

9. Theopraktisch [vMADS]

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    First time i startet R3E after the update i couldn´t choose a R16 preset.
    Now after starting it for the second time it was available and fixed the problem
    The only thing to do is assign the inputs.
    FFB works.
    I will do some tests and give feedback

• Like Like x 1
  10. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    After this update, if the vendor specific selects true or false, the auto rotation will be invalidated. I have tried many times, but none of them worked.

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    What exactly doesn't work?

On my R9 I don't need this spring-based steering range feature anymore, because Moza Pithouse can now set steering range equal to the one on car setup page. And because of that, 13 degrees steering lock bug isn't there either.

12. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean that the game can now change the angle range in pithouse?
    When I gave feedback to the Moza staff a few days ago, they said they were working hard to do this with the game team. Also ask me if this feature has been implemented. At least not for my moza R16.
    Extra things. The current default file is true * 4, don't do anything else, just keep it like this?
    If possible, could you take a screenshot of the pithouse firmware interface? If that's really the case, I need to retrieve my R9 for testing and chat with Moza staff again.

13. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I need your help:). I used both R9 and R16, but they didn't work. So, can you provide the current status of the data that needed to be modified before? Also, can you take screenshots of the version number of Pithouse and the firmware number of the base? Because I think different countries may provide different versions, which leads to

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I didn't modify anything myself after update, it worked on its own.

Steering_wheels.xml was updated by the game, all lines are "true" for Moza wheels.
    My control profile is the same as I used before the update, but it doesn't matter if spring-based steering range is enabled or not, Pithouse picks up steering range from the game in both cases, plus the game doesn't use spring-based steering range feature when vendorSpecificRangeLock is "true".

These are my versions:
    upload_2023-12-24_21-38-25.png

And here you can see it picked up MX5 steering range:
    upload_2023-12-24_21-46-54.png

I don't know, maybe you need to change it manually one time after updating Pithouse, and then it will be set automatically?

15. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much, my firmware has always been the latest version 1.2.1.32. I will try to restore to 1.2.1.16.
    I will also provide feedback to Moza. If the old firmware works, then it's interesting:D

16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That's very strange. Doubt it's firmware, it should all be Pithouse's job. Reads data that the game provides, then sends new setting to the base. What's your Windows?

17. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    win11. I will try reinstalling the game or switching to a Win10 PC.

18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I would start with reinstalling Moza Pithouse and your wheels (delete them as devices), although I'm not sure how to do that. I found a few entries through RegEdit in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control named VID_346E&PID_0002, they are related to Moza R9. For R16 and R21 it should be VID_346E&PID_0000.

19. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good news: I succeeded!
    Bad news: This reason is really ridiculous.:mad:
    It was always a failure before, just because I set the angle in pithouse to 1080!
    I quickly tried several more number, 900, 902, 998, 1002, 1078, 1082, and even 1440, all of which were successful. But as long as we return to 1080, it won't work.
    Because I also play ETS2, I have always hoped that the angle is greater than 900 but not too large, so I have been using 1080.:D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Ah, that's stupid indeed, and also a funny coincidence because I set it to 1080 too. After the update, I started the game and found that spring-based feature stopped working, so I started Pithouse (I usually don't use it) and changed the angle manually - and after that I noticed that the angle now also changes automatically.

I wouldn't be surprised if this worked for some time even before the game update, but that's impossible to check now...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023