Problem Much Issues with Dedicated Server - spezial Virtual Machine and lags

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ACX_Com, Dec 30, 2020.

1. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello together.
    can anybody help me on my following questions/issues?

1. Lags - biggest Problem for me...
    When dedicated server run's on dedicated computer (simple Windows 10 Pro 64 client on a cheap old dual core Intel G2030 Computer), performance are good without any laggs.
    But when dedi server run's on "VM" Win 10 Pro 64 with assigned 6 CPU-Cores and 6 GB RAM (my Server see below) the car's are jumping around me 50m to the front then back of me ore on my place - i hope you know what i meen. ;)
    ...the Ping-Times are very good - lokaly and outside (friends) are around 3 to 10 ms.

Details to my server:
    Intel E-2276G (6 Core 12 Threads) up to 4,9 GHz - a very powerfull CPU!!!
    64 GB RAM ECC 2666 - more then enougth!!!
    OS TrueNAS 12.0 (earlier named FreeNAS)

2. flawed?
    Every Night the server losts his settings, connections to the server i think and i found much is not working as it should!
    Example:
    Yesterday the server was not switching after end of Race/Track to the next and hangs in this.
    Nobody can enter.

3. generally...
    Is anywhere a very good supported forum or website, there i can find info and support to dedi sever?
    ...or is this the best? ;)

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    As you can see in the other thread, most of these issues were created by the (perhaps slightly premature) December update a few weeks ago, hopefully, they will be fixed soon™.

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Btw, using a virtual server shouldn't normally be an issue in itself. We switched from a dedicated server machine to a VPS a couple of years ago, it's been an improvement in every possible way, we had zero connection issues since then.

4. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i think i have found a bug (now at this time of posting) to the Issue:
    Client (Game Player) hangs on End of Race an must destroy the Application (Closing / ALT+F4).

I think it happens, if the parameter "WreckerPrevention" is set to 1 (ON).

When i set this parameter to 0, this issue is not happend!

Complete Post:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/server-not-switching-to-next-session-by-itself.16244/#post-215927

Zum Thema VM...

Ich hatte einen Windows 10 VM auf FreeBSD.
    Da mich dieses OS immer mehr genervt hat, habe ich nun den Server mit Windows 10 pro aufgesetzt und lasse direkt darauf den dedicated server laufen.
    So denke ich sollten die wenigsten Probleme auftreten.
    Zur Erinnerung, mein Server hat einen Xeon E-2276G und 64 GB RAM ECC.
    Mit Windows Server OS, den Möglichkeiten und evtl. Problemen und VM, Lizenzen etc. habe ich mich noch nicht beschäftigt und offen gestanden auch keine Zeit und Lust dazu.
    Ich denke, ich lasse den Server jetzt so laufen.