Question Mulitplayer Ping Issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sean Kenney, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    So I seem to have a few more multiplayer servers available than last patch, so that is good. I am still missing about a 1/4 of the servers on R3e. I NOW have all servers for ADAC 2014 and DTM 2014 experience, I almost had them all last patch. Of course some of the servers I can't race on are tracks and classes I like and I could last patch. :(

Is it known why some people suffer from this problem and why is it some servers you don't get a ping from? I don't have the best internet in the world but when I look at servers pings at off peak hours I get most in the 70-130. A lot lower then before.To me that says I at least have a decent enough connection to get at least a ping from the other servers. Just curious where the issue lies. I believe Sonat said something about the server list being so long, but I can't remember.

I use to get all of the servers a 3-4 patches ago before they changed the way the server list populated.

It seems some people who have good internet still suffer from the problem and it seems to be more from people in america...not sure if that is true.

Thanks,
    Sean

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  2. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    The livery selection problem is much worse, for me, than before.

3. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk Livery issue is fixed for me. Tested it 4-5 times on various servers, high and low ping and worked first click every time. :)

4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Sonat Ozturk I can race in servers that I don't get a ping now, after the livery hotfix. I can race in them with no issues or lag etc... :)

Still just odd that those servers don't register a ping.

thanks whatever the fix was. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for letting me know Sean. I observed something similar in different ISP's myself. We'll look into it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    @MeMotS Did you try connecting to non-ping servers yet? I have been able to connect to all I have tried on the first click.

Let me know!

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Ill check tonight. Working too much lately lol
    Gotta tell my boss to shove it. I want to race damnit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Ok so i managed to get in tonight and i can confirm that all server with or no ping I can now access all server, ping or no ping all with a single click on the livery.

@Sonat Ozturk You probably know this and i am pretty sure i mentioned it before somewhere, This "Bug" started after the December 26th patch, Prior to that I had no issue accessing any server.
    So whatever was introduced on that patch and what you guys did to fix it this time around lets hope it doesn't reappear at the next patch :p

And i just tough i would be helpful and give you a screenshot of the servers without ping, Maybe that can help.
    @Sean Kenney can you confirm if the servers you have no ping are the same?

race1.png

race2.png

race3.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    The livery bug is not completely fixed, at least for me.
    It's really strange, the first day after the hotfix i could connect to multiple servers with a single click. But the following days the bug reappeared. It's a bit better now but after 2or 3 races i can't log into any server...(Message: ...no server response.)
    Like before the fix, a router restart is required to get access to a server again. I already disabled my antivirus, no firewall is installed,problem remains.
    Does anyone have an idea whats causing the problem? What is changing when i restart the router??

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    @MeMotS All the servers you don't have a ping on are ones I don't! Which is interesting. I also have about 4 more servers without a ping than you.

-2 more DTM 2013 servers not able to be seen - Norsring and Bathhurst

Taking a screenshot is too much of a pain lol.

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Ill check the other 2 to see, maybe i missed them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    It is a bit hard, since it refreshes.

13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Here's a trick don't sort them by ping. Like sort them by status ( in practice ) or something similar. That way it's not always changing

14. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I do by class so I can write them down lol :D

15. Peter Eckhardt

Peter Eckhardt Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The problem with joining server freezes is back at my PC . Which file Somt requires to investigate ?