Multi-class in next update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haik, Mar 26, 2016.

1. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    You know, THAT one feature I've been waiting, since, well, pretty much forever (I'm talking in solo play, of course).
    Watching the latest S3 video that they posted today (Saturday), I can't help noticing a lot of cars. A lot of different cars.
    Of course, it could have been a "photo-session" with the whole studio, or a few beta-testers, playing in MP...but let me dreaaammm!
    Oh, and of course,also Nordschleife, but who cares, right ;)

The wait is almost over, for me, indeed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    In single-player it's confirmed not to be in this patch, for multiplayer it's already possible (I believe).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Damn, too bad...

(and yes, it is possible in MP since dedicated servers were available)

4. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I think for singleplayer it is crucial to improve the "safely-overtake/lap-a-slower-car"-routines of the AI first. If I remember correctly JF said that that was part of the next patch. In my mind this is the first step towards sp-multiclassing, if I didnĀ“t misunderstand something :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Yes, as a basic requirement flag rules have to be implemented, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This "blue flag awareness" that J-F mentioned in that interview isnt necessarily the same as having fully fledged flag rules with 10 different flags used in motor racing (or however many real racing has :p ). This is more or less the AI being aware of a car on their hotlap in qualifying while they arent, and allowing the faster car to pass with less resistance or obstruction. Same if they become a lap down in a race I believe. They should have the awareness that cars a lap ahead arent directly racing the lapped car for position, and should be able to filter through a bit more easily.

Full flag rules would be nice to have eventually though. But of course, more aware AI is among the steps needed to have mixed class racing in single player :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I see, meant it that way.

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Making the AI aware of any flag is the first step in implementation of said flag to the sim, once the core is there then the adding of graphical representation can occur!
    Can also imagine a MP race being a bit of a flag frenzy, not sure there will be enough stewards to wave them all.