Problem multi experience

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by higsy, May 5, 2017.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure this has been brought up a million times but I've been trying a couple of multi races and the experience has not been great due to kids (assuming) using there cars as battering rams.. was at Portimao at around 8:30 -9pm est. 3 people were parking on the front stretch and ramming people as they drove by..
    other than banning can they not make cars invisible if driving the wrong way. this was just practice. or sense when someone was racing erratically and kick then.
    I haven't raced multi before and the few times I have recently has left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    You can have some pretty good races on public servers, but honestly, it's best to stay away from the free content unless you accept the fact that there will be mayhem and griefers. Raceroom Raceway in particular is a track you should just avoid in that case. I had some good races at Portimao (I love that track for multiple reasons so I just can't stay away) and it's definitely better than Raceroom Raceway in this regard (in my experience), but it's still a gamble, you never know who you're gonna get. (You've reminded me I have a ridiculous video saved from one of the Raceroom Raceway races I've attended, should upload it :) )

If you do races with the paid content (cars or tracks, doesn't really matter), it's not as bad. I mean, there are still bad drivers quite often (hell, I'm probably one of them) and the first few laps can still be interesting, but very rarely do you get people intentionally wreaking havoc like you do with the free content.

As far as kicking people or making them invisible, I believe that's very much up to the server admin, sadly.

3. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Yes I absolutely agree , great racetrack unfortunately being from North America (est) there aren't many people on in the evenings during the week so I usually chose the track with the most people on it and most often it is the free content where most of my recent issues have been.. If going to another track you might only have one or two people on.
    If sector 3 did what I suggested though it would dissuade people from wreaking havoc.All it would take is a few times getting banned or kicked and they'd never come back.

4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Well, I don't think Sector 3/Raceroom can do much. It's up to the server admins to set the rules to whatever they prefer, the servers are public, not S3/RR. I believe you can set the game so the offenders get ghosted, because I've been in races in which exactly that happened.

Also kicking people out of the game and/or banning them is effectively throwing your potential customers out, so that's another angle that has to be considered.

The best solution, really, is to join a league/racing club. I know that RaceDepartment runs US friendly races with its R3E racing club, and there's bound to be many more options to choose from than just RD.

5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the upcoming ranking system will help. But I don't have problems on servers with paid content, nobody is wrecking others on purpose.

Maybe an idea could be to make transparent players who get an abnormal average amount of heavy contacts?