Multiplayer-Fixes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harryturtle, Jun 24, 2016.

1. harryturtle

harryturtle Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Please add qualify-infos to the browser.

Just again. Tired of joining rolling qualies. Prefer to race with others and not doing a qualy alone. For racing alone we have single player.

Q:
    S - standing (with racers)
    R - rolling (alone)

Plus give us exact track-infos in the mp-browser:

NOS Tourist, 24h and so on.

Please put more love in the multiplayer and its about time for flag rules.

Happy coding and happy racing @ll.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. harryturtle

harryturtle Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    And please change the Race Finish Duration time on your server. 30 secs are way too short. 20min+ races and 30secs.....had today two 1vs1 fights in 2 races on the last meters @NOS and race over thanx to 30secs. That kills the fun, not satisfied with these races. All server should be fixed with 240 secs or more, also private dedis. One advantage more: there is more time to chat after the race.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The Word Hello, Thanks can help Dude

4. harryturtle

harryturtle Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi du Kartoffel!? Too much beer?!

Back to topic:

Some more thoughts: And thats one reason for the race-quitters. "Why should I go on, when I can not finish the race......"

So many full races and how they end?
    The best one was months ago. Full grid and only 3 finished the race. LOL. And one of them wrote after the race: GR. LOL.

This sim and the multiplayer has so much potential. Happy weekend @ll.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. harryturtle

harryturtle Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    And again is a topic running with the penalties. Still nothing happened after the new release since 2014.

S3, your multiplayer is not serious and not a constant fun experience for racer.
    Password protected sessions may be the only way to have really fun like in some leagues.

The open sessions are full of ego idiots, quitters, cutters, wreckers and I will better stop here ;) Humans can not live with too much freedom. This freedom in the multiplayer shows how it goes.

For me its no fun more to come back "everyday" for the open multiplayer sessions and thats why the online user-counts are jumping up and down. "Today I have feeling to race online with the bunch of super racer in this multiplayer." - "Todayyyy, not." So it circles, but for how long?

We need strict regulations for the get real server to become serious and hopefully one time stable with online racer counts. Missing gtr2/race07/.... features are part of this multiplayer problem. Still no proper chat, flags and so on.

The priorities lie somewhere else :(

My R3E start was back in 2014 and your game became the best racing sim for me :) I am only sad over the multiplayer progression since then :( here lies my priority in your sim and the priorities of my racer buddies. Hopefully the mp will be fixed, grows and we all will have one time serious mp-fun. Have my doubts to be honest. Good there is more in life.

Thanks for the attention. I am out here.

Happy coding and happy "racing" ;)

Btw: We (my buddies and I) have no interests in the single player and I am sure we are not the only ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Are you racing in the free content servers? Because there I would agree, even though good races break out from time to time.

But I find on paid content servers the number of idiots is slim to none vs most online racers (outside iracing, different model altogether). Sure, you get beginners causing issues sometimes where you can't trust the driving. Big difference vs true idiots. To avoid those beginners, a league is the only way, outside of some devisive teir system which I would dislike seeing.

But really what I'm trying to say is when I log onto public paid content during prime time hours for R3E, I almost always end up in a good group of racers.

That said, I agree there are still some features we need as discussed ad naseum in recent posts. Post race chat, messaging, flags, false starts, etc.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    To sum this thread up:
    "Mimimimi, Mimimimi"

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    We need a report button for stupid comments like this...sorry.. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. harryturtle

harryturtle Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    To answer your question ElNino:
    Since 2014 till my last session some days ago I have seen enough idiots on paid content server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think you are preaching to the wrong choir here. This isnt entirely an issue for Sector3. There are far more user dedicated servers than there are official RaceRoom servers. And one of the options when creating your own server is the finish duration. Sector3 has no impact on what settings other people choose to run on their servers.

On the official ones, I think they are often times set to 1 minute or so, typically because the races are short, and very few people want to wait around 2-3 mins after the race just so 2 people can finish.

Same on Nords, you cannot reasonably expect an entire lobby to wait around an extra 6-12 mins so the NSU can complete a full final lap on the 24 hr layout after the leader finishes. That is not in any way reasonable.

Bit of a shame that you cant finish your final lap in every scenario, but if you truly want the option, make your own server with this choice. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^ there's bee n a few for me.
    Of course, for anyone not near the front, unless they quit, they would have no chance to say "GR". I have quit races when the countdown starts specifically to be able send a message before the race ends...since there is no way to send a message post race.

@nate makes some excellent points above. I dislike first corner quitters as much as the next guy, but if bothers you when the guy a lap down quits on the last lap of a race, you should probably stick to some system like iRacing or league races where such a thing is penalized. These are gamers trying to enjoy their precious gaming time, not treat it like boot camp.

12. harryturtle

harryturtle Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Wise words.^^

Funny how you wanna defend this mp mates. Hope you are one of the respectful hard but fair drivers.

I am writing facts and nothing more and nate: it was a R3E NOS-server. For your info: I have enough online hours and had also dedis running.

If you all here are happy with this current multiplayer, fine! But there are persons who are not! Enough time waisted. Gn8.

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That is the funniest correlation I have read all day, thank you :rolleyes:

Ahh, well, do you expect differently? You want the server to wait an extra 6-12 mins so you can finish up your lap? Public server racing is casual, and no one would stick around twiddling their thumbs to wait that long. Your scenario only makes sense for league racing where everyone should get a chance to finish. And as it is now, league racing can do that because they can make their own servers. For public server racing though, this will most likely not be forced for the reasons I outlined above.

Again, it's a shame you arent satisfied with this, but when the alternative is making everyone wait a long time so you can complete a lap, that would make a lot of people more unhappy than you are now. And what if you were on Nords and werent racing against someone? Would you still want the entire lobby to wait for you to finish your lengthy lap? I dont think too many other people would.

Just tossing some counter points out as to why forcing a lengthy end or race wait time isnt necessarily the best course of action for the public servers. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    You can join any forum of any racing game and complain about first corner and rage quitters, and indeed all of your points.

Here are the true facts abou online racing, if your serious about your sim racing join a league or a like minded group of people who as well as league racing have organised fun events, open public servers have never and will never be the place to go for clean, fair competative racing.
    It has to be by its very nature an environment for any member of the public who bought the game regardless of age and ability to go and have some fun, not everyone who buys racing games are grown up mature sim racing adults, nobody is obliged to finish every race they start, if they crash or just want to quit they can, a lot of people are not there to have an intense race and worry about not messing up someone elses race, they are there to have fun and dont really care too much about anyone else.
    As a result anyone who wants more than this from online racing joins a league to find it, anyone with any sense knows they wont find it in public lobbies.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. harryturtle

harryturtle Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Nate, dunno what you read and where. There were no words about 6-12mins or time to complete a hole NOS-lap.

From the other side it doesn't matter. Let them all finish the race. How it works in public races?
    A lot of quitters 1st. Race finished then, some wait a bit, some chat, obviously we have mostly fast quitters after the race. How many are waiting for the rotation?

Quit, back to browser, pick up the next. So it goes mainly.

And some are waiting to see their name in the finishing list. For the ego. In this case S3 could code a new variable finishing list. Finishers & runners in one list. Bye bye and quit ;-)

Neil, neither words about with first corner and so on.

Humans read what they wanna read and "say"....

Sorry mates, you all are part of the conservative better nothing change group and defender of a multiplayer alpha.

If S3 and you are happy with the online-racer-counts and so on, fine. We - my buddies and I - are not.

Happy racing and happy coding.

Everything is written. I "say" bye bye here.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I was simply saying that if you want the race to continue after the leader crosses the finish line... on some tracks, it may take a long time for the race to be over if someone is just starting a lap on the 24 hr layout of Nords. Because a lap can take between 6-12 mins there depending on layout and car.

You mentioned above not having enough time to finish the race because it is typically set for 60 seconds after the leader finishes. So, that was a counterpoint.

But still, user dedicated servers may be the best option if you want enough time after the leader finishes to also complete your lap.

As for your other suggestion of having some better results screen, that is a good idea. What we have now is fairly brief.

Cheers :)

17. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Nordschleife is what Macau was for RACE 07. Brilliant track to drive, shitshow on public servers.

Multiplayer is on or off for me, for every one race I enjoy immensely I get two where I get spun or I'm faster than the entire field that it gets boring.