Multiplayer: No Penaltys = EVERYONE is cutting???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tobias Schröder, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I think it is very uncool and unfair that nearly everyone is ignoring the track limits when the penaltys are turned off.
    It is not very funny if I am cleary the fastet guy on track and have to defend very hard to stay in front just because the guys behind me start to cut... I am forced to cut myself, otherwise I am gifting the win to the guy behind me... And the guy behind me always seems to be the better cutter and still gains a lot of time...

Because of that I think servers without penaltys are pointless. I suggest that everyone who is setting up a server turns the penalty system on because without it everyone is going nuts...

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Unless you're driving with an honorable grid, sadly yes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    You're completely right but the penaltys aren't in my opinion not realy fair.
    Drive throug cost to many time and a slow down to dangerous.
    Maybe an idea by cutting more then three times in a race you get then everytime your cutting some seconds on your laptimes.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Don't they use drive through penalties in real life though for repeated violations?

Of the current options, I think I like drive through the best.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    The problem we found was that when we tried drive throughs people quit if they got one. So we went back to slow downs, which I agree are dangerous.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    The player who gets a slow down should be ghosted, that would be a good solution

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    The only thing is it might be difficult to code.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Something like in Granturismo?
    The problem is then that when you're to late before the ghost went of you can't drive
    through
    In my opinion it should be great if the game can see the time you're out the white lines with four wheels.
    This total time wil you get extra at the end of the race.
    And then before the race the one who's run the server can choose for som factor the time wil be.
    For example: the game has seen that you're in the complete race 20 seconds of track.
    At the start de owner of the server choose factor 2, than you get penalty time of 40 seconds at the end of the race.
    Just an idea. LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I like this, but factor would have to be at least x2, since plowing through a chicane could net a major advantage otherwise.

I agree I think it's a good solution. Get rid of slow down, keep drive through and add time addition as an option.

10. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I have this rule now, no penalties no race for me.

I've said this before several times, drivethroughs piss off people first, but in the long term make better drivers. Both spanish clubs use drivethrough and there're just a couple of drivers less at the end of most races (usually is for other reasons).

11. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Drive Through is the only real option you can go if you are driving with some folks. The slow down is just insane! Sometimes you get 2.5sec penalty (upto 3.5) when you just overshoot the limit the first time and nearly lost the car. I wish Sector3 would bring a tool, which you can use to define the penalty areas for your server on your own. Especally for league race you need complete different cutting rules then you need on public races. Sometimes this game feels like a pain in the butt. But you know it's the Day-Z-effect. You keep on playing even your heart is broken :p

Nah but the big advantage of drive through is you can try to avoid it by hitting the pit limiter or just brake hard. The slow down comes right in your face. So trying to balance the penalty system on public races where ppl are going to do what ppl do is impossible. I mean mostly there are no races. It feels more like a gladiator arena fight. So I guess the least penalty should be that emperor decises wether you live or not! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I only have one thing to say about slowdown penalty and I don't care who came up with the ide, it is IMO and not to be taken perosnaly but but it is the most stupid thing to come up with in a mode that is caled get real...
    What the F**K where you thinking...!???!!? "" oh don't get (too) real, you get a slow down "". :confused:
    IMO the amateur mode should be like "Get Real" are now and in the get real mode you shouldn't be able to turn of anything like tire, fule, damage... should always be on no matter what rule around it you chose to use and the slowdown should be taken out from get real. Then in get real you chose what race rule to use DTM, ADAC, FORMULA, WTCC,BTCC,IMSA, CART..... and so that car is adapted to the set of rules chosen for the SPrace/ MPserver and so on.... And those would be only rules you should be able to set in get real. IMHO then and only then it would be a more like get real mode as it is now it is a silent joke among players, not to get to real you could get a slow down penelty!... o_O

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Hey @The Angry Hamster did you get your acount hacked ore are you in a bad bad place in mind and sould??
    I have only seen you doing disagree, like every post available today ha ha ha ha.... :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Yes the slow down penalty was one of the big turn offs to some friends I was trying to court over to r3e. I don't play online here very often at all. I do almost all my online racing in AC because of the group of friends that race together. We've racing together since the GTR2 days. We have track penalties switched off. Because everyone makes mistakes. And none of us cheats. All of us are there to race and cutting corners is, well, childish and ultra lame. I wish I had the time to really get involved in a good group here. This my favorite of the two sims.
    The few times that I have been on, I've notice it tends to be the same 5 or 6 names that go from race to race screwing things up for other people. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't a group of 12yr olds on dads rig while he's still not home yet. There behavior certainly seems that age group to me.
    Anyway, my observation is if you want good races. Try to find a club that races at your track time. Or be online at the same time consistently and look for names you start to recognize. And race with them. Let the cheaters cheat. You can't stop it. If you watch real professional races, most of the best competition happens in the middle of the pack. Everybody wants to win races. That goes without saying. Professionals want a good close race.
    Back when I used to play with mobil device racing games. We would plan ahead knowing that there were always goof balls on the track. Sit out the first few seconds or so while the pack got out of the way and then race. We wanted to race. So we compromised. Still had tons of fun that way. Although our global standing was in the toilet. :rolleyes:

15. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I stay away from any server that doesn't have penalties, isn't using get real physics etc. I try to not join servers without damage, but even some get real servers with penalties have damage turned off. I think when you're new to r3e all the varation in server setup can be quite confusing. Plus if someone downloads RR actually interested in a sim, and then joins an amateur physics server with a bunch of crash kiddies it can put a bad taste in their mouth. But I guess the kids with controllers have to have somewhere to race :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess a three times warning phase would be ok - enough for a fair,skilled driver to have some room if something goes wrong/ to adapt to the specific cut areas of each track but then : Drivethrough only and additionally Stop and Go for harsh maneuvres/ rude behaviour or time penalty post race (back from one to ten or so ;) )
    Hate that slowdown penalties like hell, completely destroying your rythm and focus....

Which we had at Virtualracing (throughout DTM Season) as they a. have an own point system incl. penalties and b. mature, honorable drivers :)

• Like Like x 1