Multiplayer - select livery, show loading - nothing happens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ElNino, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Exactly what the title says. This happens more often lately. In Multiplayer - I select my car, then select livery, the game shows loading circle, then nothing happens - I go right back to selecting livery screen. sometimes after 5-6 tries the game will load What is going on here? Did I anger someone :D?

Also while i'm here, I'm running an R9 290X, and some tracks have sections that look like i'm driving on mirrors where the road should be - Hockenheim just did this for me.

Love the sim by the way! Keep up the good work, just could use some explanations on these issues - thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It is the ping issue with the server browser. You can only enter a server when the ping appears. So for those of us who don't live next door to S3, the pings only appear on a handful of servers and you can only enter the server the moment the ping appears. Since you cannot see the ping while selecting skins, you just have to keep clicking it until it enters. Don't bother trying to enter a server that never shows a ping because you won't be able to anyways.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Do you see a number for the ping?

4. paddeN

paddeN Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I have exactly the same problem sometimes. I hope there is gonna be a better solution in the future

5. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I just assumed this was par for the course, that everyone suffered this? I would say it's been worse for me recently as well though. I hope they try to fix it sooner rather than later as it's a pain in the arse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    It's the bash-it-like-there-s-no-tomorrow manouver
    :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing i will next time i log on - never noticed before. It may be happening more because i'm on more lately and trying more empty servers due to car class (touring classics for instance) with the hope someone will join me.

Thanks alot for the responses, hopefully they can get this sorted soon

8. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    If you have a ping you can connect...it may take 4-5 click at to get past the livery screen...sometimes more.

No ping, never get in.

9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    With the new patch I can barely play with the livery selection issue now. It was really good for me last patch.

10. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure the new patch really did anything to fix the lobby issue. I played allot today and had many servers that showed a ping and after dozens of tries to join I could not get in and gave up. I bought a GTR2 Ruf a few weeks ago and I have yet to be able to use it in a GTR2 room as I cannot get in one. Plus I still see servers that I am sure are filled with racers I just raced with that shows no ping that I cannot join.

I play multiplayer only so I am not sure if I am willing to buy anymore content until I am sure I can actually use it on-line.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  11. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys

We just submitted a small hotfix patch for this livery bug.

We will improve the flow on the mp browser but in the meantime, please make sure you are entering a server you have a ping to ( - means no ping)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Thanks sonat.

I definitely had a ping value. It Would take 10-30 clicks. Last patch 1-3 on average.

13. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    @FatnSlo What sort of connection u have?

14. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    After today's patch I was able to race in every single lobby I tried on the first click. Had an absolute blast playing this game today.

Thanks S3!

• Like Like x 1