Problem Multiple Problems (Hard-/Software)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nordberg_E38, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi & Good morning..

I come up with three problems.
    I posted this in the Steam forum two days ago, but didnt get any reply since that.
    That's why I post it here again.

1. Analogue Trigger(s)
    I use the XBox 360 wireless pad since I started playing RRRE.
    Yesterday I experienced that the left analogue trigger does not work as expected.
    I made a video of this which you may watch here (don't laugh please - I am german ;-) ):

If I exchange the settings of the triggers vice versa the problem then effects the throttle.

Question now: Is the pad buggy or is it a bug in the pad-support settings?
    Maybe someone with a XBox 360 wireless pad could have look at this?

Supplement (2015-08-02)
    After fiddling around a bit with my pad I tested it with the windows config-software under System. The "buggy" trigger there works as it should.
    So, I think it is the controller-support config which is faulty.

BTW:
    I tested the wired Logitech Rumblepad 2 too even if it has no analogue triggers. Works perfect. Adjusting the sensibility of the throttle and the brakes has the correct effect.

2. In-game Cam-Angle
    I made a video on that which you may watch here:

Would be nice if this would be stored automatically fot the car and track.

3. Brake-Bias
    Every time I log-in new the Brake Bias of the car(s) is set to the default value. I need to put it to the right amount everytime.
    This is kinda annoying when one hasn't played for one or two days and you can't remember the last settings.

Same as for point #2. Storing this automatically would be nice.

Thanks...

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Nordberg,

regarding the controller, did you already try deleting your controller profile (C:\Users\abc\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet) and creating a new one after re-starting the game?

And for brake bias, what game mode are you using, Get Real or Amateur? Cause in Get Real you can set those in the car setup menu and they are then saved, which you can't do in Amateur.

3. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Did it yet and it works now. Thanks for that. :)

I'm using the Amateur-Mode for the ADAC-GT-Masters 2014.
    Ok. If it isnt possible in the Amateur-Mode I have to live with this, I guess. :(

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, actually it's a fair point. If you can alter the bias it should be possible to save that setting even in amateur mode. I'll suggest that change to the devs, if it is possible without too much struggle I'm sure they'll do it.

Same goes for the camera angle.
    I think you could even alter that right now, there are camera files for every car in C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\ and among those is the swingman camera.
    I don't really know which value does what in those files, but there are some guys on here who changed those files to their likeing on a different matter. So either try fiddling with those on your own risk or wait for someone who knows what's what in those files. Note however that you'd have to alter all the files for each car, but then again it might be possible to just change it once and then c&p the file into each cars folder. Again not sure about this though as I have no experience with the camera files.

Maybe you should edit the name of this thread to someting like "need help changing camera files" to attract those people who know how to change those files correctly.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  5. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Thanks for your help so far..