Must-haves for a sim racer? (Cars)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .OG Isaac, Nov 4, 2015.

1. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,

My birthday is coming up soon, so i'm awarding myself with some new cars for this epic sim.

What shall I get? I already have all available tracks (as of today, 04-11-2015) and these packs:
    WTCC 13 and 14
    DTM 13 (not so much interested in dtm 14 / 15)
    ADA GT Masters 2014
    USA, EU and all spare tracks

I also own atleast 1 car in all classes EXCEPT:
    American Nationals
    D-P
    DTM 14/15
    German Nationals
    Group 5
    Procar M1

I kind of want to get a GT2 Ruf and maybe Group 5.. and then wait for Formula Raceroom and more tracks. What are your suggestions for me to get? what car, what car pack, what class?

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd skip everything short of the group 5 and Procar. The American Nationals is one car all by itself. The Daytona Protos are fun to drive, but underperform compared to the one running in Tudor. DTM14 and 15 are wonderful but you said not much interest there. The German Nationals are two of the only cars I don't own in R3E (just don't like either car at all). The Procar is a lot of fun and a good deal for that many skins and what else can be said about Group 5. Wonderful set and each car drives differently. The Ruf is the belle of the ball in the GT2 class. Hope that helps

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    So I think ill be getting the Ruf GT2 (already have the bmw), the group 5 pack and maybe the procar set.

For more i'll wait for Formula Raceroom and more tracks to release ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Well test drive em first to see what you think. I'd honestly just get the G5 and Ruf GT2 and save my money for a GT3 upgrade :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    No love for DTM 92 and Classic Touring Car?I seriously recommend the 2 M3s(and the Skyline if it gets unleashed;)...).If you already own it,then get the RUF GT2.In reality,Group 5 cars dont get much playtime online so unless you want them for singleplayer,better keep the money cause WTCC 15 is soon(trademark) plus GT3s and open wheelers and Nords arent far away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  6. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    If you want to give the G5 cars a try you can also do the free competition that is going on now. The benefits being you get to test them on Spa without a time limit instead of the regular test drive on the fantasy track. Also DTM '92 is worth looking into. There is a free competition for them as well at Zolder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If those are the ones to pick from, go for the M1, it's Karstens special baby... ;)

And for the love of god get Raceroom Hillclimb, it's the next best thing until the Nordschleife gets unleashed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Group5, DTM 92, and Touring Classics are def some of my faves - i think it's because i enjoy the manual transmission cars partly. I see you have no group 5 or Procar, if you drive stick, both of those are must haves in my book

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I'd say stick with the cars that got the new physics update (DTM '15, GTR2, M1 Procar), doesn't make much sense to spend money on the other ones since you'll be getting an inferior experience. I'm sure other cars will be updated with new physics eventually, but based on history it will probably be a slow process. Plus, ADAC and WTCC with update physics are on the near horizon, so save for those. Just my $.02 USD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Dtm 2015 are very good. Give them a test drive.
    G5 i would test drive them as well as i found i don't like some of them and bought the pack and wish i bought a single car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    The group 5 Greenwood Corvette is a total beast! get it!!!
    I enjoy the group5 cars, the chevy monza, the ford capri, and the corvettes, you will need to do some tuning to them, they have too much power to the rear, and it takes a bit of diff lock adjusting before they are more manageable, really fun when you get them going though.
    M1 is great also, and the DTM92s even though they did not receive any love last update are still tops, do the mustang, well worth it, certainly not the fastest in the pack, definitely the most fun :)

Just my personal opinion
    Rich

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  12. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    I really love the group 5 cars. The sound is the best car sound ingame and what I have ever listened to. When the turbo is charging, its so an amazing feeling!
    The GT2 cars are also very nice and on top of that they dont have the new setup restrictions like GT Masters, GT3s, or DTM'15, so you can adjust everything what you want to let the car doing ;). Besides the GT2 cars are often driven online.

Finally you can testdrive every car before you buy it. So make use of it and choose by yourself ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Group 5 they are awesome :D and Procars, DTM15 is such a treat too :D

14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I regret buying the G5 pack in all honestly. My favourites are still the Capri and BMW which I owned anyway.

15. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I am sort of the same. While i enjoyed trying each car, They are all very fun for driving around with the H-shiftter , but if it came down to choosing what one i would pick for more serious racing in that class it would be the Capri, That i already owned.

So yes i regret buying it a bit. But with that said THE SOUND !!! it does make me smile.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Also agree DTM2015 is really good - Not only are the cars great, but the championship single player is alot of fun and has helped me learn to drive better too vs dabbling in multiplayer and hotlaps