Problem My Dedi server worked....Then it didn't

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Myself9, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Myself9

Myself9 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The day the dedi server tool was made available, I rushed home, installed it, opened ports and successfully launched a hill climb server. I joined/raced on the server without issues.

A couple of days later, things changed, the hill climb events were taken out of the server options and I never tried hosting again.

Recently, I decided I'd like to host a server so some friends and I could do a little practicing for online events and the server no longer works.

I launch the server tool, it goes through the motions and opens up Chrome.
    The question mark is visible in the top right corner and the spinny square thing is visible in the top left corner.
    The spinny square thing stops, and I'm left with a blank screen (aside from the question mark)

I'm running steam/server tool/chrome as admin
    I've tried running the server tool through Steam and via the exe in the Steam folder
    I've tried using Firefox
    My Firewall allows the server tool
    I've verified/deleted/installed/verified/deleted/installed the server tool a number of times
    Fully updated Windows 8.1 machine

Does anyone have any insight as to what's happening here?
    Could it be that it's freaking out because the last functional state of the server was a hill climb event, which is no longer available as an option?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Make sure to disable all sorts of ad-/scriptblockers and such you might have installed in your browser for http://localhost:8088/

Are you trying to run the dedi app on your gaming machine? If so, try restarting the PC and launch the app before launching R3E for the first time. Apparently the app won't load once you've started R3E on the same machine beforehand.

3. Myself9

Myself9 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Christian.
    I should have mentioned that I'm not running any adblockers, and that the dedi tool is being run on a dedicated machine with a static IP.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Jay gave me this hint a while back:

"there are some extension i need to run with my dedi:
    use --nogui in steam launch options
    then just open browser at http://localhost:8088"

The "--nogui" goes into the apps launch options in steam. Right click the dedi tool in steam > properties > set launch options.
    Maybe it helps...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Myself9

Myself9 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    That solution sounded technical and tricky enough that it just might work!
    No dice. Oh, well.

Thanks for all of your efforts!