Nürburgring Background Eifel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fl0wf1r3, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I'd be ok with that. :p

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you guys better concentrate on racing instead of watching the landscapes. No wonder you never win a race! :p

I never ever watched the surrounding mountains etc.. I just want to drive a racecar around some curvy tarmac.
    So unless Godzilla is walking through the background I'm fine with the current state. (but I think I wouldn't even notice it)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    That's one of the more recent Ridge Racer titles...

I like the scenery. I like looking at it.
    But yeah, in 314 online races in a certain other game, I have won exactly one!

To quote myself : "Days of Thunder is not how Nascar is, but how it should be."

Keep up the good work Mr. Hummler.

5. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    A real racing sim should have a race track designer / constructor not a race track artist … because we talk about a sim not a game … this‘s my opinion.

PS: Alex's team are great race track designers but the perfectness is like lifelong learning, a never ending story.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I dont think Tilke would be a very good graphic artist/3d modeler in a game :p

And... as I recall, we do have RaceRoom Raceway and Lakeview Hillclimb. Those tracks were made by someone from Sector3/SimBin ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Tilke is usually given a flat piece of land, stringent health and safety regulations and a finite budget. His tracks are a result of what he has to work with.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @James Cook, I agree.
    Best example is Bilster Berg, highly rated track. It was developed with support of His Majesty Walter Röhrl (exceedingly tricky).:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    But you can also building retro tracks...... ;)

Tracks from the 60,s and 70,s are the best!

10. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Wow. Mind blown.

That is possibly the most succinct, concise, and compelling argument for changing my opinion about something.

No Sarcasm - it genuinely pulled the rug out of my cherished beliefs that he was Amish. (Joke! I reckon a year or two in an Amish community would do me a lot of good!)
    I'm not saying you are right...but that maybe we are all too quick to point the finger.

11. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    That's how a sim racetrack has to look like in the 21st century ... take a Google Earth screenshot and build up the track routing and the track buildings, design the track environment with roads, parking spaces, vegetation, ... and that's all placed in the correct position!

iRacing.png
    iRacing

iRacing2.png

Google Earth / Real Life

I expect to see the same quality of tracks in R3E!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  12. WuWu

WuWu Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The iracing one looks nicer to me, I think you have to contact google and tell them to up their game, this not what earth should look in the 21st century :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I have no opinions on the bumpiness of tracks in R3E vs real life, because I have no real life experience from the tracks.

But this :eek: Why would the cars be taking off like airplanes if the tracks in R3E were as bumpy as Irl. If they would it means that the physics of the cars as they are to day are totally wrong...:(

14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think you are reading a bit too much into that statement. :p

We already do have tracks that are insanely bumpy and make certain cars bounce all over the place. The first implementation of Macau being one of the most prominent. (Just check the changelogs for the most recent fixes for this to smoothen out tracks).

Back before our 'new physics model' from Summer '15, the tracks had exaggerated bumps in the road mesh because prior to that time, the cars all had very soft suspensions. So these bumps made it a bit more 'fun' and lively. Right or wrong, this was a decision made from the early days of RR, when the focus was different.

Currently, I cant think of a good track as an example that is still very bumpy, since a lot have been updated. But if you are curious, drive the FR US, LMP cars, or DTM cars on some of the really old tracks that havent had their road mesh' updated since the beginning.

So, if Nords similarly had the same level of bumpiness, cars would be flying all over the place. So perhaps the devs thought it was in the better interest of driving to go without bouncing all over the place on this track. Although, FR US, LMP cars, and others dont race at Nords... So...

But GT3 do, and you can notice this issue in those cars at some of the 'bumpy' tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Maybe Paul Ricard? Breaking to chicane on Mistral straight is quite bumpy, especially on 1C-V2 layout (on 3A speed is much lower) and I really like it.

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This may come across as blasphemy to some... but Spa is incredibly bumpy in RR. The whole section through Campus/Stavelot is just insane.

17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I read it literally :p