Nation cup. idea or not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NL-Jos, Jun 14, 2016.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Is it an idea for the future to start an endurance race for nations (country's)
    Races for at least 2 houres.
    Pre Qualifying not one Lap wil count but (for example) the total time of 5 Lapse at each other driving.
    Every country need to have 6 drivers (two for Racing in two servers and two reserve)
    The 6 drivers can trading place.
    It's Just an idea wich i want to share with sector3

• Like Like x 2
  2. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Like the idea, but isn't that that what @Tarik Userli is already starting to do?

3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    That's only endurance for everyone and i thought something with a couple drivers from different country's
    With a Max of 2 drivers pro country in one server

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Good tactics to tell such a question during a soccer cup (or whatever's the name of- soccer is quasi non-existing for me)..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    In Europe we call it Football :D

6. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I actually do not get why one would want to bring in nations, where is the sense ?
    In the end everyone racing will race for himself and his position in the race. I mean this is not soccer, ice hockey or whatever.
    Plus there already is an endurance series, the one Tarik is doing and he is putting alot of good effort into it ... well worth checking.

7. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Also in most racing series it's very common to see a mix of nationalities driving within the same team, even driving the same car (thinking of the Blancpain GT Endurance event I saw at Silverstone, which had compulsory driver changes), and certainly drivers from one nationality driving cars produced by another - this can lead to some amusing situations where, for example, the Ferrari-supporting ItalianTifosi would cheer for a non-Italian national driving a Ferrari (e.g. Schumacher) over one of their own compatriots driving a car from another manufacturer.

I actually ike this national "confusion" about motorsports, as it helps to makes it less jingoist than some other sports.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your input, but as i write above: it's an idea.
    In the past i had a kind of competiton like that organised by someone, whe played it in Gran Turismo (sorry for mention this game here. LOL)
    And i must say, it was a lot of fun.
    This was with 5 clubs.
    Every club had 5 people and the race was with 3 persons pro club.
    Whe must switch with the drivers and ofcourse of that it was not only racing because there was more to think about how do the race.

9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, i don't like football. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1