Question Nationality

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Caledonian Wolf, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Now that there is a Scottish driver, with a Scotland flag next to his name on his car name you can include Scotland as a country and not just give me Britain as a choice of nationality. People might think I'm English.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    which driver/ series?

Andi

3. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Hooray, casual racism. But it's OK, because you're Scottish

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    on no, could be a can of worms - give the Scots their flag and then Quebec would want their own too:D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Allow me to quote from the Oxford English Dictionary. "Racism:- Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior"

Now the next time you use the word "racism" you will actually know what it means.

7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, why not allow provincial flags.

8. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i brought this up many many moons ago , (in reality at the very beginning of raceroom (yep been a tester that long ; i can show you the scars)
    Thing is if your English,Scottish or Welsh you are in fact British , a citizen on Great Britain plc it says so on your passport...
    As much as id love to see all options available im not sure they will get around to it ....
    Although if you check my profile i lied (ingame) i picked something else ... it also depends on the series and who they are controlled by aswell as to what available option they let you have.

I have re-kicked the conversation to life with the devs , but as i said it may not happen , and if it does it may take forever
    personally id prefer a planet earth flag as although born in england i have in my life lived in england, wales, scotland , ireland , northern ireland ,netherlands, spain and am currently hiding in a forest in the south of france

Andi

• Like Like x 2
  9. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Holy shit, one tongue in cheek post gets so much attention.

May I draw your attention the recent rugby world cup. My country Scotland competed against England and Wales. Did I see any Union flags next to any of three *"home" countries? No. Did we hear "God Save the Queen" at the start of any of the Scotland or Wales games? No. My passport may say I am British but Britain is not a country. My country of origin is Scotland. Scotland has it's own flag. The same flag that Coulthard, Di Resta and McRae all had/have next to their name on their cars. Same flag that was next to Scotlands name during the rugby world cup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0

Awww man, you got me bang to rights there. I thought it would provide me some amusement to be annoying after your infantile rantings here https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/here-we-go-again.2574/page-2

Actually, it *did* provide me some amusement, so hooray for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

this is the problem i know you are Scottish , geographically you are from the British Isles , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles
    Legally you are a british citizen and fall under the union Flag (not my fault , caused by rich tossers deciding they were Kings and Queens) and then an act of Parliment
    you had the chance recently to escape , but fear and lies were fed to the masses so you didnt.
    The rugby world cup is a non political organisation: sporting ... they can decide on what nations compete, and in reality if they didnt seperate the union teams it wouldnt last as long
    F1 treats you as british , Adac/DTM allows your flag ...
    im sure on your passport it doesnt say nationality Scottish ...

You see the shit storm that happens when even tongue in cheek we enter a nation,nationalist conversation

again would like a planet earth flag much simpler , just one people , not devided standing strong against the tyrants

Andi

12. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
  13. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    That's actually debatable. My own opinion is it was rushed and ill conceived. Typical Scots.

Lolz aye it's a laugh.

FIA maybe classed Coulthard and McRae as British. This didn't stop them having the flag of the country of their birth next to their names on their cars.

14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    at present we cant even get our name on the car so the flag is a bit mutable

Andi

15. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    'Kin 'ell, aren't we all human, let's play nice and enjoy the damn game regardless of the pattern on some piece of cloth. When we're fighting over a piece of Tarmac it doesn't matter where we were born after all!

16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm Welsh, but happy with the British flag (legally I'm from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland), so long as I'm allowed to sing Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau when the rugby's on.

I'm all for choice, but understand they can't add regional flags for every part of the world. Would be nice if possible, no worries if not.

17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    why the F*** wouldn't you want a dragon on the side of your car...?:p

Id change from nz to welsh if that was an option the nz flag is so generic (and its not even easy to draw).

18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Wait 'til we get custom liveries, then will come the dragon ;)

Wasn't there talk of NZ changing flag a while ago? Must admit, I've always really liked the fern on black background that they often use in the rugby; is that used anywhere else?

19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    1,the black fern with white background and white fern with black background are used for all our national sports teams. its all so a naming trend allblacks (rugby), allwhites (football), blackcaps (cricket), whitesocks(softball), sliverferns(netball) ect...

2,yeah thier was but people started going on about how one of the options looked like a swastika if you put 4 or them together and rotated the image, that it would cost too much even though they have already spent the money and that the designs don't mean anything too New Zealand.

the vote hasn't gone through yet but if you believe the fb polls its not looking like its changing:(.
    i like this one if we do get a new one this'll probably be it.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The only flag that's really missing is the one of the great city of South Park:
    [​IMG]

Oh, wait... Sorry, that was the old, racist one. I mean this one of course:
    [​IMG]
    ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1