Question Need launch control Info

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, May 3, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Tell me the details on launch control. I can not get it to work in auto or manual without the clutch. I only have a T-150 with a basic set of pedals. No clutch. When I turn on "launch control" it takes way my throttle. Thrustmaster properly states the gas works fine. When I take "launch control" off and put the value back in "accelerate", everything works. I don't feel that RR design launch control with the clutch only. When I turn on "Launch control" in edit assignments it takes way the 10:1 value out of "accelerate" with the transmission in auto or manual without clutch. Anybody have launch control without a clutch? I am too slow off the start.
    Nash

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Launch control has nothing to do with the clutch, and will only work on cars that have it. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only the WTCRs have it at the moment.

Using it is quite simple. You hold the button for launch control, and plant your foot on the throttle. When the start lights go out you simply release the button and away you go. The launch control will control your throttle to prevent wheelspin, and will also change gears for you up until you either release the throttle or press the brake. Simples. :)

Note that if you are racing online, you don't even need to hold the button down. Jump starts are not possible, so you just hold the button, plant your foot on the throttle, release the button, and you will automatically launch the moment the lights go out.

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    recently i used it in audi tt with decent result (no idea about degree of support here, but i was happy)

4. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Mine sometimes work, sometimes don't (it doesn't engage 1st gear, so I need to change quickly to manual). Can it be a button problem?

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Are the WTCR cars the only cars that still have launch control?

"Nash"

6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Trying to use it on a Judd 134.

"Nash"

7. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Hillclimb Icons, F4, Audi TT(RS), WTCR got LC.
    You can look that up in the patch notes/game files or just learning by doing. If you drive a car you've never drove before, push your LC button and see if it says unavailable or hold button and throttle and release when ready.
    Greetings

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Will it work in automatic?

See Problem: Disadvantaged at the start.

"Nash"

9. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Launch Control works fine in automatic on a Judd 134.

"Nash"

10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Launch Control works fine in automatic on a Judd 134. RPM's stays up, Transmission starts off in first gear etc. Much better. I wish LC was on all the cars.

"Nash"

11. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    It's not on every car because of realism.
    If you have problems going of the start, be smoother on throttle or enable auto throttle. And practice a lot.
    In multiplayer, you can be in 1st and on full throttle without clutch or (hand)brake. You cannot jumpstart in these session.
    Greetings

12. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    "enable auto throttle"? Are there many people with disabilities in these forums?

"Nash"