New Audi TT steering animation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leper Messiah, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I've fired up RRE for the first time in a while and thought I'd check out the new Audi TT and take it for a test drive. Previously I'd been impressed that the Audi TT cup car and Bentley had an extended steering animation. not as good as AC, PCARS and RF2 but better than just stopping abruptly after just around 90 degrees of movement or so. I must admit I'm disappointed by the new car animation as it's got the "old" animation. Why the backward step? I was kind of hoping that eventually all the cars would get the extra animation, this has gone in the wrong direction for me.

Before I get the "Turn off the wheel" comments. I play on a small 26" LCD TV and not a 3 screen rig where I can setup the FOV to enable the removal of the wheel. So I like to "see" the wheel on the screen and It's jarring to see the animation stop. Also I can't be doing with invisible hands and arms....I'm not a ghost! ;)

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess you are talking about the Audi TT RS. And yeah - I wondered my self a bit. Thought that all new released cars will get the new steering-animation...

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Maybe animations were finished long and the car was on pile for a while now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    That's the one, it's a shame.

If it was that then it's understandable but still disappointing. I realise it's a cosmetic thing so low on priority, but the other cars I mentioned looked SO much better with the new animation.